Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda Sports EV Concept

Honda Sports EV Concept

Much to the hate of KillerB & most folks here Honda quietly pushed their Honda Sports EV Concept out of a trailer and into the SEMA show:

Quote Originally Posted by Autoblog.com
    The Sports EV doesn't have an interior yet – it was a quicker six-month project compared with the 12 months dedicated to the Urban EV – and very little has been revealed about its underpinnings, other than that it will "combine EV performance and artificial intelligence inside a compact body with the aim to realize the joy of driving with a sense of unity with the car."

The concept's grille can also send out messages to other road users via digital word displays to reassure them of its intentions.
    Obviously I'm onboard the all-electric train. Looking forward to seeing how Honda makes the 100% torque/no gearing/low range model work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by novicius; November 9th, 2017 at 05:25 AM.

Ha. They won't.

#hater

185 kW motor + beefy six-speed trans + some crazy-high 5.66 final drive? It's gonna have an uber-low CG from the get-go.

If ANY electric car builder has small-form low-power sports car pretensions, they gotta have super-steep gears to justify a six-speed transmission. #justsayin

I love everything about the concept and the specs... what I doubt is Honda's ability to execute. That thing is going to end up with an 85kw motor, a 20kwh battery, six front grills, a third row seat, a hatchback, and right hand drive. And I don't mean the steering wheel will be on the right side, I mean only the right side wheels will be driven. It's going to be the CR-Z all over again. A spiritual successor to the CRX as viewed by a time traveler from a dystopian future where everything sucks.

Those specs are not official, they were mine -- pulled straight out of my wittle heart's secret desires.

I know, but mine weren't. I read Honda's mind. They're already working on the chrome for the 4th grille. Two more to go.

Looks good.

I remember CRZ looked good as a concept, but in reality it wasn't that attractive and pretty average in performance.

Let's see what they can do with this...

Low range really is a non-issue for me. Clarity EV's 89 mile EPA range is quite sufficient for me. My longest round trip so far is from my house to UCI... about 90 miles round trip. I made that trip with the whole family with AC on and with a few % of charge to spare. I can easily cover the entire LA county with this range... and most likely you won't be going out of town with that 2 seater sports car...

So if it can be fun to drive and more efficient than the Clarity EV, I wouldn't mind getting one for my commute. Clarity EV is still a 4000+ lbs beast. Yeah, it's clean and more efficient than ICE, but for my personal commute, I should be driving something smaller...

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I know, but mine weren't.
    Yeah but I really like the CR-Z, so... #badtaste

Have you actually driven one, though?

Nope, just watched vids -- but then I owned a heavy 180ish HP R53 MINI Cooper S with a very dead throttle-by-wire feel for six years so that's probably going to color my expectations, Mr. Swedepower.