Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Honda Sports EV Concept

Well, it started strong! How old is the current Pilot, and what is its current competition? I seriously have no idea where that thing even slots in anymore.

2016 was the first model year for the current gen Pilot. Its competition is the long in the tooth but still better Toyota Highlander, the new VW Atlas, Ford Explorer, Chevy Traverse, Mazda CX-9, and something else that I'm sure that I'm forgetting.

TSG. Nsx, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    2016 was the first model year for the current gen Pilot. Its competition is the long in the tooth but still better Toyota Highlander, the new VW Atlas, Ford Explorer, Chevy Traverse, Mazda CX-9, and something else that I'm sure that I'm forgetting.
    I did not realize it had gotten that big... I would have imagined more in some null space between Escape and Explorer. But, maybe that segment is just weird, because I'd never peg the Highlander as competition for the Traverse, so WTF do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    TSG. Nsx, bro.
    You lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Nope, just watched vids -- but then I owned a heavy 180ish HP R53 MINI Cooper S with a very dead throttle-by-wire feel for six years so that's probably going to color my expectations, Mr. Swedepower.
    What the ever loving fuck is this libelous dreck?

Blaspheme.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I did not realize it had gotten that big... I would have imagined more in some null space between Escape and Explorer. But, maybe that segment is just weird, because I'd never peg the Highlander as competition for the Traverse, so WTF do I know?
    Though it's grown over the years, the Pilot was always a big 3 row crossover. My father had a first gen 2005, but hasn't liked the subsequent redesigns.

Yeah, I've only ever spent time in the 1st gen ones. I always felt they were smaller than the big crossovers like the Traverse, but that's just perception. Back in the aughts, the Pilot was quite a bit better than the Traverse and more crossover-y than the Explorer. Around the teens when the Explorer got fancy and the Traverse got fixed, the Pilot felt to me like it fell out of that class, but I do get it. I recall a coworker traded his '07 for a 1st year 2nd gen ('09?) and it did not feel like a step up. The styling I thought was quite appalling and I lost interest. He did too, apparently, because he dumped it quickly for a Jeep Commander Overland - which was kinda badass. I seriously didn't even know they still made the Pilot. I've never seen a 3rd gen.

My Mom has one. I think she's had one of each gen, actually.

If they make it look like it does in the pictures (Not Carlo's 3D rendering, wtflolbbq!) then I am interested.

The Urban EV concept is pretty cool looking as well.

Hopefully with the advent of electric the battery+electric motor combo will lend itself to better looking cars. Maybe they will have more freedom.
    Last edited by Phil_SS; November 9th, 2017 at 04:44 AM.