Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My instagram is going crazy

My instagram is going crazy

A bunch of public figures and fashion models from Italy have started following me on Instagram over the last few days. It seems to come in spurts. Tuesday was the craziest. I got about 200 followers in 24hrs. Wednesday morning I got 9 followers in the time it took me to get a shower. Some of them clearly just follow me then unfollow me later, hoping to get a follow back, but some of them have stuck around.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Why me, why all the Italians? I don't understand. Instagram is still somewhat foreign to me.

Obviously they find you irresistible. It's time to make a name change to sexy little man!

Seriously though, wtf is going on? I've posted no photos of Italy or about Italy.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    maybe your instagram account name sounds like someone else's?

Are they legit followers? Maybe they're coming from a troll factory.

So many potential reasons. Someone could have posted one of your pictures on a forum, social media, reddit, etc, or it could have been recommended to them because of some algorithm, and then Facebook/Instagram just decides who else to suggest it to.

For years one of the best Google results of my username was a picture of Sofia Vergara that I had posted on my blogspot page (after stealing from who knows where). It got posted at some forum in a babe thread, and then was re-used over and over after that.
    Get that weak shit off my track

My home brewing channel went off when someone posted it for Reddit

Maybe it's just because you take cool pictures?

Junior Potato
    Maybe Blerpa has been pimping you out to all his Milan supermodel hoi-polloi friends.

Some Italian person saw your stuff and recommended your feed? It can snowball from there. Don't bother trying to make sense of it. Just know that you do good enough work that others are following you. Were you not trying to whore photos out for likes? Sounds like you got what you wanted and now you're like, "WTF?"

People like your work. Enjoy it. Keep doing it. I look forward to seeing how you handle photography stardom.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    better than russian bots at least!