Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My instagram is going crazy

It's nice to gain followers, but uhh...

IMG_0302.jpg

Am I the only one who hasn't a clue about almost everything discussed in this thread? I thought Instagram was a website that kids used to post selfies with dog ears and pig noses and so forth.

I just googled hashtags per Cam's comment about needing them to promote his work and now I'm even more confused than before. I thought it was just "internet speak", like "n00b" or "|33+".

I think I have reached the point at which one realizes they are too far behind in a given field of knowledge to ever catch up.

Examples:

I post a photo of a bowl I made on Instagram. In the description, I use the hashtags #woodworking #woodturning #art #lathe so people who search for one or all of those terms see my post. Also, the host (in this case, Instagram) may suggest the post to others users that are interested in, or related to, the same hashtags.

Lately, I posted a few caricatures to Instagram. I had a few caricature artists start following me, via Instagram's suggestion I guess, because they do similar things.

It's just a big circle jerk, really.

Junior Potato
    And the best way to make money off it is to be a scantily-clad 18-25 y.o. with massive tits and a pretty face.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Am I the only one who hasn't a clue about almost everything discussed in this thread? I thought Instagram was a website that kids used to post selfies with dog ears and pig noses and so forth.
    You are confusing it with the Snapchat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    It's nice to gain followers, but uhh...
    Obviously does not realize the irony of declaring himself an isolationist on Instagram.

Well maybe he meant on a national scale?

Could be. Still, he appears to follow some internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    And the best way to make money off it is to be a scantily-clad 18-25 y.o. with massive tits and a pretty face.
    I'm starting to think ass may be more important than boobs for profitability on Instagram. Various nutrition/fitness/workout promotions and advertisements work better when you can show an asset (no pun intended) that could theoretically be approached using proper nutrition/fitness/workout. Those have taken over from the "flat tummy tea" companies.
    Get that weak shit off my track