Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: My instagram is going crazy

Administrator
    I think it depends on the subreddit. The one I moderate asks that people posting links to their own sites label them as such.

Instagram has been frustrating me lately. After having numerous videos go over one million views before the end of last year, most of my videos have fallen flat since the new year. It is strange that I have ~60K followers, yet most of my photos get only a few hundred likes. A good performing photo gets ~1500 likes. My best performing photo has ~10K likes. Videos that I think will do well get only 10-20K views. That tells me IG is not even showing my videos to my followers. A couple of half-assed videos that I threw up just to post content got 100K+ views. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no way of guessing what content will do well. *Throws hands up in frustration*

In other news, I just passed the threshold to join the YT Partner Program. My channel is being reviewed for monetization. You may start to see ads appear before my videos in the near future.
    Last edited by Cam; March 4th, 2019 at 11:56 AM.

Administrator
    Lemme see if I can figure out how to get into my Instagram account. I probably won't be the best judge as I follow like four accounts, but I can tell you if I see a post you'd expect me to see.

I recommend a lady in a bikini with a Brazilian butt lift holding your creations.

Even looking at famous artists and composers of the past, their personal favorites of their own work can often differ from what ended up being super popular.

Predicting what will go viral is not an easy task.

As an artist, just keep on producing art based on what flows out of your heart. You might have to die before you and your work become super famous and valuable.

Seriously, you may be mortal, but your art just might become immortal. Who cares about becoming viral. Sounds sick anyways...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Great news dude.
    acket.

What is instagram?

It's like Twitter, but instead users tweet pictures.

If you don't know what is Twitter, well, it's just something our president uses every so often to let his people know how stupid he is...

I am now completely stymied on IG. I made it to 70K about a month ago and my growth came to a screeching halt. I went down several hundred followers in the last few weeks. I wonder if I am a victim of the shadow ban.

Stock Market goes up and down, but as long as these companies continue to perform, longterm-wise, the trend will continue to go up.

Keep the faith and keep pushing. I'm sure your IG will eventually catch up with your 'job'!

Even if nothing worked out in the end, you're doing stuffs that you love, right? That's already something very few of us get to do... so just enjoy what you do! Don't mind too much about the fame for now.

You know this caused me to think a bit... as an artist, if you could pick, would you want to be like Van Gogh or would you rather becoming famous and rich during your lifetime, but then after you die, your artworks die along with you too? Of course, ideally, I'm sure one's rather have both. But just wondering how artists would pick. Fame and riches now or died poor and nameless but to be able to see their artworks immortalized?

If it were up to me, I honestly don't know which I'd pick. Sure, I'd like to have my love and passion recognized and become immortalized, but not sure if I also want to die poor and nameless...

Anyway, I guess moral of the story is to just keep on producing great art, that way, even if you're dead, other people will continue the work of making them go viral!!!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 19th, 2019 at 08:39 AM.