Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Path of Exile

Not really. I do not normally look very far along the skill tree from where I currently have points assigned. You could sit there and look at it for hours if you wanted to plan. I am not interested in doing that. Although, I specifically sought passive skills with my witch that boosted minions. That is the only time I actively looked for a specific thing on the skill tree. Even then, it was not a comprehensive search.

I am pretty successful at making my own good gear though. First, I pick up normal items that have “superior” in the name. Then, I add whetstones (for weapons) or scraps (for armour) to boost the quality to +20%, the max. Lastly, apply an essence to the item. Essences are random drops from named enemies. Most of the time you will end up with a pretty good piece of gear. It may not be as good as the one you currently have equipped though. You may want to save essences for when you really need a new item in a gear slot.

And yeah, boss fights are cheap.

I should also add that the number of gem slots on an item should be taken into consideration before you attempt to modify it. The more, the better, obviously. There are orbs that can modify the number of, colour of, and links between gem slots, but you can save those orbs by starting out with an item with more slots.

Finished the Trial of Ascendancy with my marauder. He is now a juggernaut.

I was feeling bold, so I took my shadow through too. It was easier due to his higher level. He is now an assassin.

They change class? OOOooooh.

Excellent work, Cam!

Sorry I haven't been on!

Ascending a character does not mean much, really. You get a few extra passive skills.

I forgot to mention that my witch became a necromancer. You get to pick one of three ascendacnt classes.
    Last edited by Cam; January 17th, 2018 at 06:01 PM.

I built my scion into a magic user, but she has no defense. She is getting stomped by bosses.

My juggernaut, on the other hand. is un-effing-stoppable.

Playing the marauder is like hitting the easy button. He just walks through everything so far, level 39 juggernaut. My other characters quickly get stomped any time there are bosses nearby.

The game just crashed to dash for the first time.

Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!