Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Path of Exile

Just started an Abyss character. Ooooh, Abyss rifts, that's a cool twist.

I got two crazy jewels from an abyss encounter. It just comes down to luck.

Totally -- tho' both Freezing Pulse and Frost Blades gems come up as options through the story.

Also you can buy a decent selection of gems from Nessa as well.

What class did you make, Kid?
    Last edited by novicius; January 5th, 2018 at 10:45 AM.

...and why do you hate being online at the same time as me?

Lol this week has had me booked socially until late! ♡♡♡

It appears that I have beat the final boss with my witch, level 69. The fight was cheap, as predicted, just like every other boss fight. The final boss has multiple area-of-effect attacks that simply cannot be avoided in any way I could see. I had no hope of surviving the hits, as they one-shot me with full health and shield. I must have resurrected about 30 times. Ending was kind of anti-climactic.

I'll be honest, I skimmed over much of the dialogue in this game. At first I was making an honest attempt to read and listen to all the character interactions, but I felt it got boring. I became disinterested in the dialogue. I like the action though. Teaming up with buddies to play is always a plus. I like how you have options to play and build a character the way you like. There are some noticeable bugs, but not enough to bother me. At first, they rain loot drops on you. At higher levels, drops get scarce, but they don't matter as much. At a certain point, the loot drops do not get any better. At level 68 I was still getting rings and amulets that are for level five.

For a free game, it's pretty good. I certainly am getting my money's worth out of it and am enjoying it.

Congrats!!

Yeah we've been shredding up through the game for Acts III & IV. Last night I slowed down to try and find my bearings in the story, listening to the (high quality) spoken narratives.

Some really good voice work in this free game!

Agreed. Sorry if you feel like I have been hurrying us along. I will slow down.

I made a Tank. After hearing about all of the one-shot kill bosses, I thought I'd try and build someone who can take some damage. It seems like dealing damage isn't a problem. But, taking it is.

There's some Life Leech perks on the lower left of the Strength side of the Perk Tree.

Additionally, if you can reach around () to the Dexterity side of the Perk Tree, there's Blood Siphon & Blood Drinker. Then stock up on Armor and Elemental boost perks, I'd imagine.

Stack that on top of Regeneration & Heal-on-Hit gear. Cam can probably post further tips.