Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Path of Exile

Good hackin' and slashin' with novi lately. Thanks for being my wingman. I find this type of game oddly satisfying despite it's simplistic nature.

Despite feeling tired yesterday, I could not sleep last night. I played until about 2:00 a. m. with the marauder, who is now level 20. I found a superior woodsplitter, used a few blacksmith's whetstones to improve its quality to +20% (maximum), then applied a "Whispering Essence of Contempt." By some fluke, it became the most powerful weapon I've seen yet, by a long shot. It does 52-132 damage, including three types of elemental damage. I am chopping fools down with this baby. Named enemies only last a few chops. My duelist is level 36 and he's not doing this kind of damage.

I recommend that you try forging your own gear. It is not hard. Just remember that the quality affects the outcome.

Thank you Cam!

Yeah it's a fun, easy and satisfying little game. Great title to play while watching a show. I've been sick as a dog all week with the flu so fast-twitch games are not what I'm looking for right now. Fills the space nicely.

Is that spoiler, end game stuff Cam?

No. Come to think of it, it's not really a spoiler. They just mention a mid-game event.

Lovin' the Whirling Blades gem on my level 36 Duelist Fencer. Paired with a Cold Damage Support gem, he's a "tough out" even when the screen is filled with baddies.

But I need to increase both his Elemental Damage defense and his Regeneration rate or he's gonna hit a hard wall of difficulty soon.

::

There was an "issue" in the past with big physical damage-dealing characters running into Mobs with the Reflect attribute. You'd end up one-shotting yourself to death!

Yeah, as I mentioned last night, my duelist is at a point in the game where most of the baddies are doing elemental or some kind of magic damage. My duelist seems low on defence. I feel I have a awesome evasion rating, but not good enough, obviously. I am struggling.

I looked through the achievements for this game. One of them is something to the effect of, "Have 40 minions summoned." 40! Although, my witch is on the way there. She can have about 22-23 minions summoned. Right now, my floating, flaming skulls only last long enough to get 10-11 summoned simultaneously. I could increase her passive summoning abilities, but I've been focusing on minion toughness.

Sweet! I didn't realize it could get that high. I only have 6 right now. I normally don't need to summon all of them because my flaming tower takes care of most baddies.

Thanks to a support gem, my witch can get up to about 35 simutaneous minions; 7 zombies, 8 skeletons, 2 spectres, 1 frost golem, ~16 raging spirits and one more I can’t remember the name of. I’ll hit 40 yet.

Wow! Nice!

P.S. Where do you get those gems? I almost unlocked a passive for one, but then realized that the items in my sockets probably weren't the same.

All were random drops, except one. I bought one from a vendor. I normally do not buy items, as the game drops SO MUCH STUFF, but I just happened to look at his inventory and it was a whole page of gems. It cost one Orb of Chance.

Come to think of it, I should go back and check all the vendors for minion gems.