Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Path of Exile

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Yeah.... But, I hate researching reddit, trying out different builds, etc... I'd like to be able to figure it out on my own without having a path laid out in front of me. That seems pretty difficult to do in this game until you're 100+ hours in.

i.e. seems perfect for drew.

Started a game as a duelist. The controls are so sloppy. Movement feels terrible, melee combat is just walking up to enemies and hitting a button and hoping it connects, then hitting it again.

Went back and restarted as a ranger. Movement is still terrible, but it doesn't really matter since you just kind of get in range and hold down the button until they die.

I presume the draw is with getting powers and then being zomg look at the crazy animation that happened when I stood there and pressed a button, and then oh no their crazy animation hit me so now I have to drink various potions because there was no way for me to avoid it.

I shall press the Uninstall button and watch that animation.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Agreed, the controls are dated. You get more varied attacks as you progress. I have been able to dodge attacks.

Wait, you thought this was an Action RPG Keith?? What part of the "Diablo-style" play description threw you?

I have never played Diablo.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Two birds with one stone, then -- the Diablo series is just like this.

::

To others still playing or yet-to-play: the game is good at having you start out extremely tough and bad-assed and then ramping it up once you hit levels 25+. Seriously there were times where I thought that if the entire game is a cakewalk then why play? Where's the challenge?

Then I hit the Chambers of Sin and thought "uh-oh, I've built my guy all wrong."

IMO, Diablo is more user friendly, with better controls.

I wouldn't doubt it -- but DIII is $30 whereas this is free, so...

You get what you pay for! Just kidding. I've been wanting to give this one more of a try, but haven't had the time. I played for a few hours.

Well some annoying discoveries in addition to the fun:

1. You can't create a party consisting of any repeat characters. So if your friends have been working separately to each level up a Witch, those Witches cannot party together.

2. You can create a party consisting of characters on different Challenge modes. So my "Harbinger League" characters cannot play with Cam's Vanilla PoE 'toons.

Quote Originally Posted by PoE Redditor
    League play (current league is Harbringer) lasts 3 months and every 3 months theres a new league with a new "gimmick" added in to keep things interesting. Current league ends in December. Once the league ends everything is transferred to Standard (character items inventory) and the new leauge starts.

When you start a new league you start fresh, no inventory ect. It keeps the game interesting for longer term players, and tbh, the best part of the game is the progression.

League play will always feature the newest changes and ideas before they are put into standard, current league offers new items and orbs/orb shards for instance.

Im not sure if they add older leauge gimmicks into standard or keep it vanilla, been a very long time since i played in standard...but in league play theyll usually take great ideas from past leagues and keep them in...

Also there is a ladder ranking in league play. Just an additional competative thing, i would imagine only a big deal in hardcore.
    3. By extension, your Stash box cannot be shared between characters on different Challenge modes. So while you can fully stock-up new 'toons with your first characters' leftovers, nothing gets shared until the League ends, I guess? Ah well, there's more than enough drops in the game that it's not really an issue and the variety of items in this game is pretty damn impressive. I have yet to have a double of just about anything that isn't Common.