Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planet Coaster

Planet Coaster

So yes it's a year old now but it was $20 during the recent Steam sale and even though I had not done any research into it or even watched any let's play vids etc. I bought it. I love coasters and I appreciate Frontier from my experience playing Elite Dangerous so I felt that it wouldn't be crap. Well I was right, it's not... it's pretty incredible. I can lose 4 hours in this and it feels like 10 minutes went by.

The last time I played any kind of theme park game has to be 15 years ago if even that. The most similar type of game I've played recently would be Tropico 4 & 5 but that's really just in the managerial side of things. This game however has all those managerial aspects if you want but really it's just a massive coaster/park creation tool with full steam workshop support. I know that "building" games have been popular for a while now, everything from Minecraft to Kerbal and I've tried a few but nothing has kept my interest but this one certainly will. I wanted to mention it here as I saw the City Skylines thread and figured if you're into that you may want to check this out.

I'll just leave this here as a little taste but there's a ton of stuff to wonder at on the tube if you're so inclined.

It will probably take me a year to do but now I must build my dream prog rock (you can import your own music to play on rides and around the park ) themed coaster park.

And of course as I'm a year behind, sorry if this is old news to everyone so ignore at will but (if he doesn't already have it) I bet MR2 would like this.

I've been meaning to try it out. It's been on my Steam wishlist for... well a year.
    Cities Skylines still takes up most of my sim playtime these days.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    yeah, I have it and it is very good....the proper successor to Rollercoaster Tycoon series (Rollercoaster Tycoon World is pure crap apparently). The only problem is my PC is old and not keeping up....BUT I have a new PC being delivered next week so I can jump back into it.

I also follow youtuber Olli43 who makes a lot of Planet Coaster videos (lots of GTA5 videos also) if you want to see what it's like before buying it.

It’s great. I play it with my kids.

So I've spent 27 hours with this gem so far and I know how this all works by now. I just watched this:

Knowing the patience and dedication needed to pull this off... beyond my skills (and apparently only 70,000 pieces and only 2 months for the creator) and I'm just so utterly amazed.

Administrator
    Wow, yeah, that's pretty impressive, and well outside what I'd be patient enough to do.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

Absolutely insane! awesome!

I'm just here to say, "A REYNARD SIGHTING!"

Junior Potato
    I’ve never seen Aliens (yeah, I know) and never played Planet Coaster.

But I do still appreciate the heck out of that effort.

This went on sale before Xmas, and I got it for Shannon. She loves it.

That Aliens one is Insane. A little slow. But, worth it.