Page 63 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Administrator
    Highlights of the race for me: gorilla trophies and Kimi clearly sleeping on the podium through the anthems.

What's the gorilla trophies about? Saw a couple of huge gorilla statues about, thought it was Donkey Kong at first

Why did Ferrari have Kimi complete 30+ laps on the ultrasofts? Were they going for the win expecting rain? or planning to have him finish behind Vettel?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Highlights of the race for me: gorilla trophies and Kimi clearly sleeping on the podium through the anthems.

They should have gone with Pikachu
    acket.

Seriously? you scrolled all the way down to Pikachu and just passed on this gem:

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    Why did Ferrari have Kimi complete 30+ laps on the ultrasofts?
    Only thing I could figure is that they wanted Kimi to try to hold up Lewis after his pit stop. That seems a bit of a stretch though. Ferrari strategists have been confusing me lately. Sometimes I think they try to be too creative.

At the time there was the possibility of rain coming so it would have saved them a stop and given him a chance for the win. As it was he had fresher tyres and passed Riccardo so the strategy worked well for them

I don't know the details of his strategy, but yeah, a podium shouldn't be that bad... with that said, Ricciardo had some car issue, broken front wing elements... so maybe kimis podium was due to luck.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
    At the time there was the possibility of rain coming so it would have saved them a stop and given him a chance for the win. As it was he had fresher tyres and passed Riccardo so the strategy worked well for them
    I wonder if they had setup Alonso's car for rain. He sounded utterly annoyed around the time rain was called off and then was in a much better mood afterwards.
    acket.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/26/1...ind-the-scenes

Insights on Renault, and F1 teams, way to work at HQs.

So that Max guy finished another race. 3 podiums in 4 races. Look mom, I stayed out of trouble and finished on the podium!

Turning it around a bit...even the hardcore haters can at least acknowledge the slight improvement?