Page 113 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

These midfield drivers are locked in a super tight championship battle... when Daniel Ricciardo joins them next year, assuming Renault stays relatively the same, it’d be more obvious how these drivers really compare...

At the very least we’ll find out how good the hulk is I guess...

Anyway, the only obvious rising stars of f1 is still Max and now Charles! Mercedes Jr program just hasn’t discovered a super star yet... as long as you’re not a paid driver, surely everyone good enough to earn a ride is an automatic star. Being super is another level...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Russel takes Stroll's Williams seat for 2019.
    acket.

Meanwhile Mick Schumacher is the new Euro F3 2018 champion. He will probably race next season in F2 with Prema. Also he does not want to tie himself to any big F1 team junior programme, he declared, he wants to be free to choose and not risk to become a victim of paddock politics like Ocon.
    Vandoorne officialized at HWA in Formula E.
    Also, note down the name of Juri Vips, a young estonian that showed great promise at debut this last race weekend in Euro F3.
    Last edited by Blerpa; October 15th, 2018 at 04:14 AM.

Junior Potato
    Schumacher needs to time things right so that he enters just as a big fish leaves. Say for example he drives for a smaller team for two years, then Vettel or Hamilton retire and he slots straight in as #1 driver.

If that doesn’t happen then he’ll be stuck in crappy team purgatory. So many good drivers have been there through bad timing or poor choices.

Fortunately, that timing might be good. Ham and Vettel might be gone in a few years. Enough time to do a few more junior seasons, and one or two in a smaller team, or as a 2nd driver in a big team, should he show the skills.

Difficult to time your move that way... since you can't know when those old geezers will retire or perhaps kill themselves prematurely so you end up missing out...

If you can demonstrate that you can consistently blow your teammates away, it'd be hard for you to lose your seat to your teammate. Unless of course if your mate has a rich daddy.

Perez and Ocon are just pretty evenly matched. Considering that Perez also took off-track actions to help save the team, I think he deserves another season with the team.

Yeah it doesn't look good for Ric in the immediate future. He's gonna get his ass kicked by various others in the "7th place is as good as winning" crowd next year. Now if Renault can really bring all their manufacturer might to bear on improving then they should make pretty good progress for 2020. That's a big IF though. Same problem with RB. How long can they be 3rd best team by using chassis wizardry without having control of the power unit side of things. They are only going to be as fast as the engines they can buy...and the top two engine companies won't take your money.

So things should stay the same for the next couple of years but I look forward to seeing the silliness when the engine rules change again.

I do think Honda is making progress, but at the same time, I hope they learned something from their time with McLaren. If I remember correctly, they had a lot of issues with reliability because of packaging demands from the team, and I'm sure Red Bull will be just as demanding, if not more.

If you assembled a right team, tide can quickly turn in f1. It’s not like Renault and Honda has never dominated the scene before. Teams also never remained on top...

I still remembered back then I thought Hamilton was stupid to give up Mclaren for stupid Mercedes... could any of you guys really predict Mercedes could dominate for this long and Mclaren could falter this badly back then?!?!