Page 118 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

I think Kimi owes Max a beer. And maybe vice versa when Kimi held up Hamilton earlier in the race.

I have to give it to Hamilton. He tried to make moves but did it very maturely and intelligently without throwing it away by doing something stupid. He wanted to close it out this weekend but realized it's not worth pulling a Vettel and losing a ton of points.
    Last edited by JoeW; October 22nd, 2018 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Are aero cars that easy to spin, Cuda, or are we correct in thinking that Vettel's doing the stuff that's drilled into young drivers' heads not to do?
    I haven't driven anything quite like that (LMPC was the closest), but I can see how it's happening to him. It looks like every time in the past few months that Vettel has spun from contact he has had forward weight transfer at that moment. I think he gets panicky then and doesn't realize there may be small things he can do to come off better in side by side contact.

That's twice... with the other RB... slightly contacting them from the inside of a turn... and then spin?!?!?!?

Maybe Adrian Newey designed some sort of strange vortex generator that caused Vettel's car to lose downforce of his rear wing during turns... which resulted in sudden lost of rear grip.

One could blame the contact on Vettel, but I think the subsequent spins were most likely caused by the car itself... not really driver error. Maybe it's just not a good idea to get to close to the RBs even side by side... The lost of downforce was probably why Vettel kept on misjudging his overtakes... he thought he could make the pass, but he always end up sliding into the RB cars instead...

I dunno. It's just so odd that this is repeating.

There's a vid on F1.com of Hartley carving through the carnage on the first lap, can't link it properly on here though.
    I'm just happy he beat Gasley, even with a damaged floor.

It's not aero causing Vettel to spin. He's already got the rear end light at the moment of impact. His front tire hits the sidepod (ie middle) of another car. Other car is stable, Vettel's front gets a push inward and the back wants to keep going. What amazed me was how Verstappen kept it under control at Spoon when Vettel and he touched tires. Max is very good at coming off better when rubbing is racing.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...eGmswYmSo.html

Yeah they don't seem to allow external linking.

Was the race (to those who watched) that dusty the whole time, or just the opening few laps?

I'm glad he (Hartley) got a good position for once, wasn't taken out for once, didn't have engine troubles for once, didn't have to hold back for team orders for once and bet his team mate (again?).

Regarding the Vettel incidents...I would think it’s easier for the guy on the outside to do some evasive actions to avoid spins etc because they can just track wide. The inside guy is the one who screws himself the most. If he goes in too hot (Austin) he’s fucked, if he is just dive bombing to grab a position (Suzuka) he’s fucked. So either way he’s fucked. As the outside guy you just hope to track out wide before the inside guy damages you beyond drivability.

Junior Potato
    What is it with you Kiwis, always on about Hartley like he’s some sort of God or something. I’m suck of it.

Anyway, how’s about Daniel Riccardo eh? What a legend.

Just like I thought Sato is a legend for getting on top of a podium. That Asian dude is fast man! You suck of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    What is it with you Kiwis, always on about Hartley like he’s some sort of God or something. I’m suck of it.

Anyway, how’s about Daniel Riccardo eh? What a legend.
    Did you mean Daniel Ricciardo?