Page 22 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

A little more eventful. Magnussen got the jump on Verstappen in turn 1, who was looking inside Vettel, not paying attention you the Haas behind. Max couldn't get by, overdrove the car and spin losing more positions.

Both Haas cars had bad stops, being released despite wheelmen saying they weren't ready, and both had to stop on track causing the VSC. They were running 4-5 at the time. They'll need to take a look at their lollipop system.

Hamilton and Kimi had already pitted when the VSC came out. Vettel took advantage of the VCS split timing system ignoring pit stops essentially to gain time. He was able to go much faster in and out of the pits since the time spent stopped would put him back in line with his min time for the split. Or something like that. Then they called out the real SC.

It was unbelievable Haas cars were so fast to the point that they both ran their wheels off!

I hope they don't have a secret deal with Ferrari. Things just worked out for Vettel so well. Of course it'd be insane for Haas to sacrifice both top running cars for Vettel... most likely they just got too excited and botched their pit stops...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Something wrong about the wheel nuts and not an error by the wheelmen. Apparently.

Gutting, nonetheless.
    acket.

Yeah, I guess they cross-threaded. But there also seems to be an issue with their system, since it looked like the first stop, the rear guy was giving the no good and the car was still let go.

Ok race.
    It's interesting to see a rule that is imposed to avoid anyone to gain an advantage during the race (VSC) to have such an idiotic loophole and clear and cristalline advantage, both Vettel and Alonso did that.
    I hope they clarify this crap, it is stupid, and to be able to race pedal-to-the-metal just in pit entrance and exit under VSC is totally illogic.

Junior Potato
    Well Blerps, one of the objectives of F1 is to outsmart the rule book. It has always been thus.

That the other teams didn’t think of it is their failure, but now they’ll be learning their lesson.

And next year the rules will change. Again.

Where do these people who think that Haas took part in a conspiracy come from?

What were they hauling before the pit stops, 18 points? Isn't that like 8 figures in competitor prize money at the end of the year?
    acket.

I like the simpler explanation, a race outfit with a total of 212 employees will get things like these wrong.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Well Blerps, one of the objectives of F1 is to outsmart the rule book. It has always been thus.

That the other teams didn’t think of it is their failure, but now they’ll be learning their lesson.

And next year the rules will change. Again.
    Next year? They should fix it like before next race.
    And that's the part I don't like in F1, dear lord, they are a sack of ineptitude to not have thought of that.

EDIT: Anyone thinking Haas conspired in order to give an advantage to Ferrari or something like that... it's a plain idiot.

I think both the Ferrari and the RB are better racecars than the W09. Lewis and Valtteri were doing delta laps at different stages of the race. It was most noticeable with Bottas who spent more time in traffic and had to back off more often, I think their cooling is more affected by dirty air than the two other competing teams. Also, it loos like the RB is better at staying in touch with the car ahead than the Ferrari but the latter is easier on the tires. The Red Bull suspension is magical but it needs super low tire pressures and that affects tire life. It should be mega under cool conditions.

As long as Mercedes keep with the Brawn/Schumacher philosophy of going all out on saturdays and then just staying ahead on sunday they will be fine. This generation of cars can't race together. I think the Mercedes 'party mode' will dominate the season.

All in all it was fun to watch the drivers fight the cars in the high speed corners, so hopefully the historical tracks will provide some quality driving and set the men apart from the children. Because I'm certain we ain't going to be watching races this year.
    acket.