Page 36 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

I enjoyed the race, I called Ferrari's bluff, Hamilton would have passed Vettel if he was in Bottas' position, Verstappen would find himself in place in 70s and 80s F1, Stroll and Sirotkin may be not that good, and probably and crucially mediocre at car development, but Williams car is terrible, Gasly was really good and I think his great race it was more down to his skills than Toro Rosso real value, Grosjean getting beat makes me happy, Ricciardo in Ferrari would get a big veto by Vettel, but if it would happen he would proceed to embarass him again, kudos to Magnussen, Sainz is really having a troubled start of the season, Force India is sucking big time, Sauber is laughable. Kimi was very unlucky. Hartley either starts to perform or keep being cheap to stay in the team, otherwise he will be gone by the end of the season.

And oh, it's not the duty of the driver to check the mirrors if he is given green flag to go while pitting. There's a person designed to just check everything is ok to give green... sunday, as other times, this person fucked up. It happens.
    Also criticism of Verstappen is laughable. Decide what you want from F1: processional crap or those good ole days when Gilles Villeneuve smashed as many cars as the total history production of Koenisegg while scrapping big time with other drivers. It was a race accident. That's it.
    Another note: there were times when Williams sucked big time. Really big time. And those weren't only when they started as a measly private back-of-the-grid small team. So nothing new.

I always get surprised by how much people ignore of F1 history making assumptions only based upon the last 10-20 years of racing.
    Sato and JV were megaton level better drivers than Grosjean. Schumi was hated by Ferrari fans till he went to Ferrari. Vettel was hated by Ferrari fans till he went to Ferrari. Senna was hated by Ferrari fans (and not only them) before he could get to a Ferrari - obviously he was made a martyr after he died (to be clear on where I side: I cried a whole day when he died. And yes, he was ruthless. He would have loved Valentino Rossi). Ferrari fans - and people with their head in their asses - hate Hamilton till he will go to Ferrari. Same happened with Alonso too.

Also, it's hilarious to see all the hate Hamilton gets, for his personality, his out of track antics and his opinions. He would have been perfect for 70s and 80s F1.
    And what do you know? Those eras are the most sought after by people asking for a F1 reinassance, also in driver behaviour and presence. Hilarious, I tell you.
    People wishing for history they pretty ignore, misunderstand and/or didn't really experience directly.
    Last edited by Blerpa; April 10th, 2018 at 03:01 AM.

Last edited by Blerpa; April 10th, 2018 at 04:36 AM.

I hate seeing pit crew members getting hurt.

I truly hope we all do.
    And drivers as well, no matter how much loathing or hatred we feel for any of them.
    Last edited by Blerpa; April 10th, 2018 at 06:22 AM.

I had just typed all that up this morning until my screen refreshed and saw Blerpa had said it all

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    JV [was] megaton level better drivers
    Them's fightin' words. Nobody's shittier than JV.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Yeah, entire race was commercial free on ESPN 2 as well.

Nice comeback from ESPN on that. And you have to give credit to Mothers, the sponsor that allows it to happen.
    I didn't realize that it was Mothers' sponsorship that allowed that. Full credit to ESPN, it was really, really nice to see a full broadcast without interruption. I hope they can keep that kind of thing going.

That is amazing value, indeed. I didn't even know what Mothers was before this thread and that made me google it. Car Waxes and Cleaners, right? Amazing power of advertising.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Them's fightin' words. Nobody's shittier than JV.
    QFT