Page 8 of 139 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

I'm moving away from this discussion. I tend to get overly flippant when arguing stuff for fun and I apologize if I alienated anyone. No harm intended, I'd rather just withdraw at this point that spend any more time on it.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    From someone in the business, McLaren Technology Group's Communications Director.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bambton
    Opportunities galore for F1 to create positive legacies in every race market by being inventive in replacing grid girls. Give national charities a chance in the sun, give super fans a moment they’ll never forget, give kids having a tough time an uplifting experience.
    Just a few ideas but there’ll be many more. What happens next is the other half of this story and that’s the conversation we need to move on to.
    acket.

The teams could easily employ someone to stand at the front of the driver's car rather than letting the circuits decide.

The replacement has been announced: local kids in youth racing programs.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...rtnership.html

The joint initiative will involve the local Grand Prix promoter working alongside ASNs – the FIA-recognised national sporting authorities – who will provide a unique opportunity to youngsters and their families to be part of one of the most exclusive and exciting moments of the whole race weekend.

The youngsters will be chosen by their motorsport clubs on merit, or by lottery, and will already be competing in karting or junior formulae. The lucky few will then be able to accompany and stand alongside the 20 best drivers in the world on the grid as they prepare for the race.

Sean Bratches, F1 Managing Director of Commercial Operations said: “This will be an extraordinary moment for these youngsters: imagine, standing beside their heroes, watch as they prepare to race, the elite of the elite in motorsport, to be there, alongside them in those precious few minutes just before the start. What an unforgettable experience, for them, and their families. An inspiration to keep driving, training and learning so that they can dream of one day being there themselves. What better way to inspire the next generation of Formula 1 heroes.”

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    See, if they had announced that way in the beginning, the perception wouldn't be as bad IMO.

Yep. Never ban anything outright without some sort of substitute. I think the act of banning anything probably don't go well with most people... even if the intention is good. Letting aspiring kids to the grid area is certainly a great idea! Good thing somebody thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    See, if they had announced that way in the beginning, the perception wouldn't be as bad IMO.
    Agreed. I don't know if that's some tenant of modern/international/whatever PR, to put out bad news first as a separate release, then the good news after the initial reaction to the bad news is over. I'm not sure it has the intended effect.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I hear there's been a change of heart over banning the grid girls. Here are the Australian GP girls training in Melbourne earlier today. @f1bastard

I like Bernie's new style.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    ESPN will provide Sky's coverage instead of their own. Sky's team will also provide exclusive content for ESPN/ABC's platforms.

It was ESPN who asked for the 10 minute delay of the start time.

They have been so accommodating because Liberty brought over a bunch of ex-ESPN staff.
    acket.