Page 53 of 139 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Vettel most likely won't let Dan come to Ferrari. Mercedes is also losing its dominance. No reason to believe Renault will forever be down on power. Plus, Honda is looking promising.

Personally, I'd stay where Adrian Newey is.

Sorry, Mario, forgot about Hartley (btw, his spell in F1 is almost done, I reckon).
    To most important matters... this is how you race in Monaco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFLXLPSbw8k

That’s how you crash in Monaco. Looks like almost half the field didn’t finish. More bleh.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    his spell in F1 is almost done, I reckon
    Gun miss him. Best hair since like forever...
    acket.

Ricciardo has a touch choice. Hypothetically saying he wouldn't be blocked from any moves:

Mercedes would be best, I think. Maybe others are catching, but they're still on top currently, and should at least be on par with the top at least until the next major rules overhaul (where they could jump out in front again). However, he'd have to resign to being seen as a number 2 behind Hamilton, though I think realistically, Mercedes wouldn't favor either early in the season. Lewis is 5 years older than him, but how long does he want to race?

I think he'd want Ferrari. Who in F1 doesn't want to drive for them at some point. They're on an upswing. Italian heritage can't be discounted as well. Vettel is the kink here. He could block it, and if not, could be treated as a number 1 more so than other teams. And I could see Vettel being one of those drivers that sticks around, at least to an older age than Lewis, so maybe timing is a wash.

Staying at Red Bull isn't so bad. Renault does seem to be making some improvements, as does Honda. It will always be the best chassis as long as Newey is there. Does he want to continue to be Max's teammate though? Maybe safer than being in another car, though.

McLaren. Can McLaren make it back to the top? If they need a big name after Alonso, Danny could be it. But a big gamble, and definitely have to concede being a championship contender for at least a year or two, if not ever with them.

Not sure I see anyone else making a play. Renault could go after him, but why would he take the same engine in a worse car/team?
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; May 28th, 2018 at 05:06 PM.

Junior Potato
    Ferrari is the ticket, it’s been the most reliable team over the last 20 years, plus it has that little yellow badge on the steering wheel. But he needs to go in as the #1 driver, because it’s not very often that a #2 wins. Too many hurdles to overcome.

I do think that if Ricciardo’s season plays out just perfectly then he can win it right now.

I never understand why people think that Ricciardo would consider renault. Compared to Red Bull they have the same engine, half the budget and 100% less Adrian Newey's. They're well placed to be a leading midpack team but there's nothing that suggests they have, or will have, anything close to the elements needed to be a top team.

I think Ferrari is the most likely and while they are more inclined to a #1 and #2 people do forget that they were quite happy to swap support from Kimi to Massa when circumstances dictated and I don't think they're that attached to the idea that Vettel is their #1 guy and next WC. Certainly not in the same way they were attached to the belief that Schumi was their guy and lets not forget that even after his titles they bought Kimi in to partner him against his wishes.

OMG I just saw this today...Indy Pacecar Corvette crashed exiting the pits causing a big delay to the start of the race. What an idiot...Grosjean would be proud of him.

How embarrassing... for the series as well.

This GM manager is not really a rookie though. Probably just as experienced as Grojean.

Further embarrassment for the GM brand was that the top 6 finishers in the Detroit race were fitted with Honda engines.