Page 103 of 139 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

We all started RC racing.

I read his wiki page. His dad bought him a racing cart for Christmas when he was 6. His dad had nice IT job and started his own computer company. His brother also races professionally.

You don’t start racing being poor. At the very least his family was middle class. But definitely not rags to riches. More like less rich to filthy rich. His dad only had to pay for his cart racing for 4-5 years before the big support money came in from McLaren at age 13.

So yes he was fast but he was never poor. They say humble upbringings, but humble compared to someone who grew up in Monaco is a pretty damn good start.
    Last edited by JoeW; September 18th, 2018 at 05:40 PM.

Junior Potato
    He was also a good marketing ploy. Marketing and the ability to attract $$$ is the basis of 90% of the big decisions made in F1.

Only a very few are made for pure sporting reasons. And I can only name a few teams that are there because sport is their primary pursuit. One of them is Ferrari.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    There's videos of him. The operation that his dad Ran for him does look below average compared to other kids. He was lucky that his superior abilities were picked up early on by proper racing outfits.
    acket.

So I Wrote another article, and I know I got my Haas's mixed up. I've asked for the article to be amended.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Hamilton most certainly did not start out a poor farm boy living in the middle of the road in a rolled up newspaper licking the road clean with his tongue.

He most certainly grew up not wanting for anything.
    Ah, I see.
    You totally ignore Hamilton's career and family history.
    Carry on.

I did some light reading...

Decided he was a shitload richer than my family and a shitload poorer than someone who grows up in Monaco. So, pretty damn well off in my book.

Carrying on...

Mick Schumacher won race 1 of Austrian Euro F3 weekend. Ticktum ended only 8th: now Schumacher is first in the standings (286 vs. 268), lets see what happens in race 2 and 3.

Are the F2 and 3 on any major networks?

No idea, sorry.
    Mind, this is Euro F3 which next year will be fused with actual GP3 (the lower series of Fia sanctioned ladder structure to F1, below F2 which was called GP2 till two years ago) and will be called F3.
    Mick Schumacher won also race 2 and Ticktum retired (311 points vs. 268).
    In race 3 Mick got second, behind his russian teammate Shwartzman, while Ticktum got 4th place; now the gap is 49 points in favour of Schumacher Jr.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    So, even if he sweeps his way past the Asia series he is headed to over the winter, Ticktum won't have enough points for F1?
    acket.