Page 67 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Thank you Goddess Minerva!!

Boullier out of McLaren.

Now, if only Jupiter would oust Brown!
    acket.

Horner: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Ron the Bald?

Boullier: Non?

Horner: I thought not. It’s not a story McLaren would tell you. It’s an F1 legend. Darth Ron employed an aerodynamicist, so powerful and so wise he could use the aerodynamics to influence the air molecules to create downforce… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even generate downforce without creating drag.

Boullier: He could actually eliminate drag?

Horner: The dark side aerodynamics is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Boullier: What happened to him?

Horner: He became so successful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his chief aerodynamicist to another team, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he then signed an engine deal with Honda, then his shareholders ousted him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from being fired, but not himself.

Boullier: Is it possible to employ this aerodynamicist?

Horner: Not for McLaren…
    By "MazdaChris"
    acket.

"They've had this matrix management system installed by probably [former boss] Martin Whitmarsh, and you've got to break that down,"

"I don't know how long that will take, [or] whether the team can survive that kind of a fundamental turnaround.

"Considering that when we joined McLaren in 1980 the problems I had then trying to change the way things were done, we're talking about a fairly small operation [then].

"If you take those problems to today with the numbers of people there, I wouldn't relish that job. It's like turning an oil tanker."
    John Barnard
    acket.

acket.

Doesn't matter... firing Ron was probably the same as Apple firing Steve. Good move for Eric to resign... can probably get future rental cars without any fuckups!

Without another charismatic racing dictator in charge, mclaren probably will continue to race with the jr teams...

My McLaren piece, with a few embellishments, additions and even a bit of pruning, went down very well on Reddit when I posted it a couple of days ago. So much so that I was approached by a fan run website, www.grandprix247.com to use it as an opinion piece. I should have proof read it again (and again) as there are still a few grammar and punctuation errors which I've asked him to sort, but it's online to read now! https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/07...g-for-mclaren/

Nicely done, Alan.

Yeah, that's awesome. Good work.

Junior Potato
    It’s an epic read. Congrats!

Mega lap from Lewis.

Again.
    acket.