Page 45 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Also, 24th anniversary of:

Ayrton_Senna_Imola.jpg
    acket.

Ross Brawn, speaking in his post-weekend debrief released by F1, stopped short of apportioning blame for the crash.

"I don't want to comment on who might be held responsible or how a team should manage these issues during a race, but I do think the stewards' decision to reprimand both drivers was the right course of action," said Brawn.

"But I would like to highlight a technical point. Once Daniel had settled for his line, and Max had changed direction blocking that line, the Australian became a passenger.

"The downforce loss experienced by Ricciardo in the wake of Verstappen's car would have made it unstoppable.

"We often think of downforce in cornering, but the impact the extra grip has in braking is huge.
    ... beating a dead horse

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    They are all working together! who woulda thunk?
    They're not, yesterday was the last day to get things done for 2019 without an unanimous vote. Supposedly most of the non-Mercedes powered teams are against the new rules (the barge-boards were thrown in there without enough simulation testing), but F1, the FIA, sponsors and promoters had enough to get it to the
    Ferrari can still veto it if they can prove these ch-ch-ch-ch-changes (it's four ch's) are too costly

Love that they are not only trying something but being smart about it by consulting top men

Downforce - good point

Also, the shoey? Really?

Just saw they are moving toward a Miami city race next year. Can’t they choose a real venue? City races are shit!

I agree, city races are shit. But it's supposed to come at the expense of Baku, so...how shit would it have to be to be worse?

Too bad that New Jersey thing never panned out.

Trust me, it would be ultimate shit. There is no good route for a course here. All shit roads at 90 degree angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Trust me, it would be ultimate shit. There is no good route for a course here. All shit roads at 90 degree angles.
    Which generally means single file one way is fastest. Snoore

To get the general feel of Miami it would have to go along the beach somewhere. I’m in Tampa so we get the shitty St Pete Gran Prix on the shittiest roads in downtown shitty St Pete. So I can imagine it’s about the same shitty roads in Miami.

Adelaide was almost all 90° turns (and still is in a different form). I'm far to biased to say anything, so what did the rest of you think of that track?

Don't remember F1 on it, I think they left just before I started watching. I've seen the V8's there, but that's not really fair, since watching V8's just about anywhere is fun.