Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128
Results 1,271 to 1,274 of 1274

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Ask me about my bottom br
    Quote Originally Posted by racerfink View Post
    Looks to me (and sounds, from the car-to-pit radio) that it’s all on Max. Ocon had a battle for position sitting behind Hamilton. He had to go, or risk losing that position sitting behind a slower Max.

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/20...0r3nin5c71KUTw
    Verstappen is the idiot, he had a faster car for a couple of rounds sitting behind him, just waiting to be given the green light to pass. Max threw the win away, the video is pretty clear.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Don't bet against raikkonen?
    Finnish drivers are not the fastest, but always the most consistent.

However, since they're both #2 drivers of the team, surely their lack of priority might have caused them to unable to fully maximize their points count...

Anyway, looking forward to see Kimi ending up on the podium as a #1 Sauber driver sometimes next year...

racerfink, that link now makes me want to sign up for F1TV

XHawkeye's rounds 1-10 vs 11-20 comparison shows Vettel scoring 40 less points, but Ricciardo 54 less, so it's a bit deceiving
    Last edited by balki; Today at 02:47 PM.

Yeah great video. Might look into that next year.

After some reflection and watching that video I really think Max lost sight of Ocon when Ocon pulled out to go around. The drivers have notoriously bad vision to the rear and to the sides of their cars. I think Ocon pulled out and Max lost sight of him...maybe thinking he went too wide in turn 1? Max went inside on turn 1 (the typical racing line) leaving plenty of room outside. Then Max probably had no idea where Ocon was at that exact moment in time and just took the normal racing line into turn 2. Not realizing Ocon was trying to shove his car down in there.

In the heat of the moment I think Max lost sight of Ocon but Ocon knew exactly where Max was.

Tough call to know exactly what was happening but I love that footage and the audio to the pits...great stuff.
    Last edited by JoeW; Today at 04:27 PM.