Page 50 of 139 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Sooo, will Hartley lose his seat this year or not. Place your bets.

I say yes, because Kiwis' don't seem to get a fair shot in the big leagues sometimes. Look at Hayden Paddon in the WRC, being 'demoted' to not doing a full season, being replaced by another driver in various rallys.

I'm not sure how equal the F1 cars are, but seems it's the car letting Brendon down, as he's said on mroe than one occasion that it's lacking power. If they let him go because he can't get into the points regularly enough, then they should start looking at their car first.

He's not doing too bad a job. Looking at their fastest laps from Catalunya, he was quicker than Perez, Ocon, both Williams, Stoffel and not much behind Alonso.
    The car and him have good midfield pace, just think maybe he's not aggressive enough in traffic.
    But flip side, being too agressive and destroying the car or crashing into someone else isn't going to go down too well either.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    They're pretty even in qualy but Gasly has been delivering the points. And that's what matters.
    acket.

Here's Sommerfield's lecture of the 2019 changes if you have a five minutes to spare.
    acket.

During the Barcelona tests the FIA trialed an extra pair of lights on the edges of the rear wing of Hamilton's Mercedes to improve visibility under rain/dark conditions.
    acket.

Banning Ferrari hanging mirrors? Don't they have better things to do? I thought they looked cool. If it's an aero problem then just make them take the winglets off. But let them keep them on the halo. At least give the teams a little individuality.

Making a winglet there is just screaming for extra attention...

It is odd why they won't allow it even without that winglet.

Anyway, maybe this update was the reason why Ferrari failed to win the race. They'll thank FIA later when they win Monaco with normal mirrors.

Administrator
    It sounds like the mirrors can absolutely be mounted to the halo, but that it's supposed to be to help visibility. The winglet lead the FIA to decide that they were mounted there primary for an aero advantage. It's a little tough to tell from what article I'm reading, but it sounds like the main objection is that that winglet goes up above the halo rather than staying below it. Ferrari claimed the winglet was to stabilize the mirror, which would improve visibility, and Whiting says there's no reason they couldn't have done that with a winglet much closer to the mirror itself, rather than extending up so high. I can't quite tell if there's a concrete rule that nothing should be attached to the halo that extends higher than the halo, or if that's just their judgment call that that winglet would have less to do with stabilizing the mirror and more to do with conditioning air headed towards the rear wing.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...h-winglet.html

Either way, Whiting appears to be clarifying that halo mounted mirrors are absolutely allowed and have been since after the Chinese GP, but not as a cheap way to sneak an extra wing in there.

Track record for Ricciardo and then Max bookends the grid.

I guess the hype balloon has popped.
    acket.

Still a fan boy.

Reality is that Max could very well turn zero into hero.

Senna has turned himself into a zero once with a solo crash while holding a huge lead.

Unless Max consistently crashes, this shouldn't be enough to pop his balloon.