Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

What's the deal with F1's TV broadcast in the US for 2018?
    Thought Fox had the rights, go to foxsports.com and they list ESPN and ESPN2 (with ABC airing only US+Mex)

2017 had Univision airing every race live and free, has that changed? (not a fan of ESPN)

No, ABC bought the rights and they own ESPN.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Fox lost the rights to NBC about, what, 3 years ago? Then NBC has lost the rights and will be Disney/ABC/ESPN this year, with ESPN getting most of the races.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I must have confused the former broadcasters for some reason.
    Man, am I the complete opposite of hyped for ESPN covering anything automotive

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Univision still have the contract for the U.S. Spanish speaking market. At least that's what their webpage and wikipedia say.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    I must have confused the former broadcasters for some reason.
    Man, am I the complete opposite of hyped for ESPN covering anything automotive
    I am excited for races to be prempted by NFL draft parties and up to date coverage of that time Lebron sneezed.

Yup.

Luckily, I think ESPN 3 is pretty widely available if you have the cable station on your plan, unlike Fox's streaming platform.

NBC's streaming options were excellent, but I'm not sure how available it is. I've always had access (DirecTV, Comcast, Atlantic Broadband, and Dish). They only had the one Cable sports channel (plus CNBC which they used sometimes, they had access to USA and MSNBC too, but I don't think they used them for F1.), one network channel and online. ESPN has like 4 cable stations, plus ABC and streaming, so hopefully it won't be worse than NBC at least.

Fox was (and still is with sports car racing) the worst when it comes to coverage. NBC wasn't bad IMO. Let's hope ESPN can do better than both (doubt it).

Fox running UFC reruns over live sportscar racing was infuriating.

Lance Stroll is now a number one driver. At Williams.

Sergey Sirotkin has been designated to the Williams seat over Robert Kubica.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Lowe
    “We anticipate Robert will make a strong technical contribution to the team, using his wealth of experience in track testing, simulator work, and support to the race drivers and engineers at every race. He is a driver I have admired for many years and I am personally very happy to be working with him towards our 2018 championship.”
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Kubica
    “Having driven both the FW36 and the FW40, I’m looking forward to seeing how the FW41 measures up on track and working with the team to ensure we can maximise the performance of the car. My ultimate goal remains to race again in Formula One and this is another important step in that direction. I cannot wait to get started.”
    acket.