Page 32 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

"“Our American friends assume that it could hurt the feminine feelings when employing young women to carry signs,” Boeri told Monaco-Matine, a local newspaper. “Our hostesses complete model and PR schools. They perform during the Grand Prix at events that are in line with their training. And they are paid for it.”"

Monaco will have none of America's White Knighting, will allow grid girls to work.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...fies-f1-ruling

Solution seems simple. Two to three meter wide strip of grass to define track limits, with paved runoff for safety or keeping cars nice or whatever. Racing fans win with this one too.

That was always my hope, too.

I have seen tracks put astroturf there as it's too hard to keep real grass alive at times.

Yup, that's always been my position.

And Billi, don't forget, we had adjustable front wing flaps before DRS.

ESPN has taken a different angle this weekend. They aired qualifying without commercial interruption. They cut-out a bit awkwardly after the on track interviews though. I'm surprised they didn't throw in some spots between sessions.

We'll see how the race goes tomorrow.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    Aero’s my only big problem with the current cars, and their trying to address it unlike Bernie/Max Mosley
    Aero has always been under scrutiny in an attempt to make the racing more exciting. F1 has done away with underbody exhausts, front end plates, chimneys, airbox wings, winglets in front of rear wheels, and of course ground effects and side skirts. Do you remember the x-wings that used to poke up above the cockpit, circa 1997? Those too.

They also made the cars narrower so that they didn’t punch as big a hole in the air in an effort to promote close following and more passing.

None of this has made the racing any more exiting. The teams always respond with more simulation time which makes them great at hotlapping but still very sensitive to dirty air.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Saw a great F2 race today: Norris and Markelov outstanding, tons of passes. Tons.
    I was bored so I watched the race based on your post. It did not disappoint. Some great stuff. Markelov super impressive, got a bit sloppy in the last couple laps against Sette Camara who really shined in his defense of P2.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Did Ron Dennis pop one of his uber expensive wines in celebration of Honda's 4th place finish?
    acket.

I guess Honda really is on its way back on top!?!?

If only mclaren Alonso were also in the mix, they could be challenging for the win?

Anyway, another seemly surreal thing was seeing Williams finishing dead last!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    What's unreal about inexperienced drivers being unable to develop a car?
    acket.

That a team with such heritage is sitting dead last.

What's it's annual budget? Surely it's not the financially smallest team on the grid?

It's also mind boggling how the other Mercedes powered cars are running like they have old Honda power plants. FI and Williams cars are really that horrible?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 8th, 2018 at 03:40 PM.