Page 47 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Wow, cool!

Just looking at the pictures, I think Senna's 1988 mclaren looks like it disturbed the air the most even compared to 90s f1 car...

Once Senna/Prost were ahead of the pack, the rest of them probably had no chance to pass them!

Anyway, will read the article later, thanks for the post!

Junior Potato
    John Barnard designed the MP4/4. He was graced with the luxury of a Honda engine which put out enough horsepower that it could thrust a car through molasses if it pleased. So therefore, the brief was to just put huge 'barn door' wings on it and create cheap downforce, while letting the turbocharged V6 ram its way through the air, turbulence be damned. The winning cars then get copied by other teams and that's why mid-80s F1 cars look very square.

I think Adrian Newey was the first to start thinking about efficiency in a different way with F1 designs. I still remember his beautiful March Leyton House cars being more sculpted and much smaller around the rear bodywork than their contemporaries. The thin back edge of the airbox is one que that stands out. After March he was picked up by Williams and went on to win more championships than Schumacher.

So the F1TV streaming service is finally up and running and it's less expensive then MGP. $99/yr for the Pro service or $27/yr for the 'Basic' version. Thing is the only thing that differentiates the Pro version is live streaming, unedited team radios & the ability to choose the camera you're viewing. If you can do w/o those features and don't mind waiting 2 days after race the to watch, I'd say the basic version is damn steal for all you cord cutters out there.

That said, I'm more then happy with what ESPN is doing so I'm not even going to bother trying it out.

Edit: This link should work https://www.formula1.com/en/subscrib...tv-pro.html#en
    Last edited by Reynard; May 10th, 2018 at 04:24 PM.

Same, ESPN has it perfect. On demand full length commercial free events.

Kind of surprised it isn't an ESPN+ offering.

It's late and I'm in bed on my iPad, but if you get a chance, check out the new McLaren nose and wing.

Miami is getting closer to being a reality. City Commission approved it. BTW, the main money man is Stephen Ross, the Dolphins owner. I still wont believe it 'till I see it though.

The current projected course is pretty bad, but I know why they came up with it. It barely has any impact on traffic. Just a short bit of Biscayne.

My projected course is much better, but has a much bigger impact, and would require a bit of modification to the park (and a lot of roadwork to improve the streets, which will be needed either way.)

There are train tracks in the current proposed map. Tracks and F1 don't typically go well together.

The bridge part is kinda crazy, since it's a very tall bridge, and would kill the brakes having hairpins are either end. But if they want it, I kept it. An alternative would be to skip it and go around the arena, or just make skip that northern section altogether and turn around at the Port Blvd (the bridge street).

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    So the F1TV streaming service is finally up and running and it's less expensive then MGP. $99/yr for the Pro service or $27/yr for the 'Basic' version. Thing is the only thing that differentiates the Pro version is live streaming, unedited team radios & the ability to choose the camera you're viewing. If you can do w/o those features and don't mind waiting 2 days after race the to watch, I'd say the basic version is damn steal for all you cord cutters out there.

That said, I'm more then happy with what ESPN is doing so I'm not even going to bother trying it out.

Edit: This link should work https://www.formula1.com/en/subscrib...tv-pro.html#en
    Wait... you pay 27/yr and don't even get to watch the race live? I'll keep watching it on illegal streams, thanks.

#SpanishGP

#SpainishGP

Does that mean it's in Spain...ish? So kind of in Spain but not really?