Page 71 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Only 6 cars started Indy because Michelin didn’t have a safe tire for the banking.
    Until COTA, that was the only grand prix I'd ever been to. Held out hope until about lap 35 that maybe they'd do something, but by that point it was pretty clear that they were just going to let that sham run its course.

1992-2002 vs 2002 redesign

Stroll Sr. looking for a partnership with Force India and/or to buy some quota in the struggling pink team stakes.
    Still voices of FI becoming a sort of Mercedes junior team to push F1 career of not only Ocon but George Russell's (other Mercedes protegè) as well.

Santino Ferrucci has been fired by Trident not only because of his appalling behaviour but also because he didn't pay what was stipulated with the team.
    Ferrucci management justified the missing payments with problems with sponsors, but Trident underlined that it is strange that resource problems did not stop Ferrucci to find a way to be racing in the Indycar weekend (from the 1st to the 3rd of June) at Detroit.
    Well done Trident.

https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/ne...rucci-1061134/

Meanwhile Haas is pathetic and spineless.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...ation-1061334/
    Last edited by Blerpa; July 19th, 2018 at 04:38 AM.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...s-odd-1061110/

Fuck Ticktum and fuck what Red Bull thinks.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Meanwhile Haas is pathetic and spineless.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...ation-1061334/
    I read that as "our lawyers are finding the best way for us".
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Someone posted on Twitter that Mo was so humble, very few people were actually aware how hard it was for him to go from F1 team owner to Indy mechanic.
    acket.

I wasn't aware... quite an amazing career!

RIP Mo!

Mo's Obituary by Adam Cooper

Seeing no future in F1, he subsequently headed to the USA, initially working with Guerrero and the Bignotti-Cotter team. Without the pressure to find funds or build cars, and focusing solely on engineering, he would finally find the sort of success that eluded him in Europe.

After a spell with Newman-Haas and Mario Andretti he joined Pat Patrick, helping Emerson Fittipaldi to an Indy 500 victory and the CART title in 1989. He then joined Chip Ganassi as technical director, winning the 1996 title with Jimmy Vasser before enjoying two extraordinarily successful title-winning seasons with Alex Zanardi, with whom he had a special bond.

When the Italian left to join Williams, Nunn persuaded Ganassi to take Juan Pablo Montoya for 1999, and the team duly won a fourth straight championship with the mercurial Colombian.

For the 2000 season and with the backing of Mercedes Nunn set up his own CART team at a base in Indianapolis, and found himself in overall charge for the first time since 1982. Initially he ran one car for Tony Kanaan (pictured below), before he was reunited with Zanardi the following year - only for the Italian to be gravely injured at Lausitzring.

As a team boss Nunn had some solid results and won a couple of IRL races, but he never enjoyed the sort of success he had as an engineer. Following a final full season with former Tyrrell F1 driver Tora Takagi in 2004, and a joint venture with Adrian Fernandez at Indy in 2005, he decided to call it a day. In September that year he auctioned off the team's entire inventory, but he remained in touch with the sport as technical advisor to Ganassi.
    acket.