Page 101 of 139 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Did I miss something with Perez on Sirotkin? It looked bad enough to warrant a race ban, if not more.
    Sirotkin pushing Hartley wide was also a dick move, though not nearly as bad.

Agreed that Hamilton's victory was largely achieved on Saturday. Also agree that Max did well to beat the Ferraris in quali and the race, who were expected to be fastest here. I do think Max would be a force in the championship if he had just a bit better of an engine, although that doesn't seem to be in prospect.

In many ways the race shows up what's wrong with F1 - only one driver outside the top three teams finished on the lead lap, and that's Alonso who's leaving the series next year due to lack of competitive opportunities. The fragile tyres really don't promote good racing on street courses like this (and Monaco), either - rather driving slowly to keep the tyres alive as long as possible, knowing that track position outweighs actual speed.

For the championship, this feels like a key moment. To win purely by his own hand, Vettel would need to win all of the remaining six races. If Hamilton beats him even once more, Vettel is then dependent on events outside his control - other drivers beating Hamilton, or him having a retirement - as well as having to win. Any further tension in this championship is going to be a result of Hamilton having problems, it seems to me.

Agreed...with balki and samoth
    Last edited by JoeW; September 16th, 2018 at 06:09 PM.

So Grosjean gets a 2pt penalty for ignoring blue flags and Pérez gets a drive thru (or 5 secs, I forget) for running a guy off the road...well 2 guys if you count Ocon.

Edit...I see Pérez got a 3 point penalty. So forget I said that.
    Last edited by JoeW; September 17th, 2018 at 04:11 AM.

Junior Potato
    Said what?

He said something about Grosjean and Perez, but my memory is somehow getting fuzzier and fuzzier...

Didn’t realize we have a hypnotist on our forum...

Now the race is over, let get back to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    To stop Merc gaining some sort of advantage, maybe?
    Really?

There’s a rule in place that only defending champ cannot have another B team, but everyone else can?

Ferrari now seemingly has a C team!

Anyway, maybe Mercedes itself is the problem..., all Merced’s powered teams appear languishing far behind the factory team... collaboration just seems very lacking.

Wonder if it’s mercedes itself not caring or prevented by other teams.

For the sake of its jr drivers, they really need to have more control over decisions made by FI or Williams somehow...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 17th, 2018 at 08:50 AM.

Even a couple of weeks ago I thought for sure Vettel was in the driver’s seat in the wdc even though he was down on points. But now it just seems like the team doesn’t make very smart decisions during the race. Granted he got beat in qualifying where it really counted. But he couldn’t capitalize on having the Ultras after the 1st pit stop after initially getting ahead of MV on lap 1. RB still managed to get out of the pits ahead of Vettel. That was Vettels moment to crank it up and try to gain on Ham. But MV managed to actually gain on Vettel and keep him in sight.

Hamilton has this one in the bag now.
    Last edited by JoeW; September 17th, 2018 at 10:12 AM.

Com’on, it’s not like Mercedes and Hamilton are incapable of fucking up ever again.

Vettel has the edge with a better car.

That’s what I thought but PPPPPP (prior planning prevents piss poor performance). And Ferrari manages to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory lately.