Page 102 of 139 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Com’on, it’s not like Mercedes and Hamilton are incapable of fucking up ever again.

Vettel has the edge with a better car.
    The better car theme has a bit vaned.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Now the race is over, let get back to this:

Really?

There’s a rule in place that only defending champ cannot have another B team, but everyone else can?
    I dunno man. Google it. Find out why the other teams didn’t let Merc buy Force India.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    So Grosjean gets a 2pt penalty for ignoring blue flags and Pérez gets a drive thru (or 5 secs, I forget) for running a guy off the road...well 2 guys if you count Ocon.
    RoGro at risk of race ban for the rest of the season.

1. It'd be ironic if he did b/c the rule was instated after his Belgian GP antics.
    2. It'd be terrible if he did b/c Ferrouche is next in line for Haas.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I dunno man. Google it. Find out why the other teams didn’t let Merc buy Force India.
    Okay, so it's the smaller independent teams who are against Mercedes..., but isn't this too little too late? RB and Ferrari are already doing this...

McLaren itself should've done this. Not necessarily just to have a B-team, but have 2 A-teams with different management, engineers, drivers and engines. So you know where you are fucking up at least!

Point is B-team concept is already happening and you can't really stop it anymore. Might as well have that rather than allowing rich folks buying rides for their rich kids. Racing should be based on merit, not based on how deep your pocket is. Williams being where they are is somewhat understandable. However, McLaren with sufficient funding being where they are is not excusable. Might as well allocated some of their funding to finance the FI team. If they don't want that, at least allow Mercedes to do it.

Anyway, hope Strolls know what they're doing.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 18th, 2018 at 09:55 AM.

Money rules all. There are no rags to riches modern F1 driver stories.
    Last edited by JoeW; September 18th, 2018 at 11:01 AM.

I understand that. Not that I have anything against money..., I have no problems with Toyota wasting billions and got little to show for, however, I just don't like to see paid drivers occupying limited # of seats. That can't be good for the sport, right?

Mercedes 'sponsoring' FI will give that team a much better long term future and allow more worthy drivers to have racing seats.

McLaren and Williams ought to fix their own problems 1st before worrying about other independent teams.

Renault can just collaborate with McLaren closely and figure out themselves which team is the A team and which is B.

For the manufacturer, it's win win either way. For the independent teams, if you don't have enough money and talent to beat the factory team, maybe you should just go race Indycars.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 18th, 2018 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Money rules all. There are no rags to riches modern F1 driver stories.
    Hamilton.

Hamilton most certainly did not start out a poor farm boy living in the middle of the road in a rolled up newspaper licking the road clean with his tongue.

He most certainly grew up not wanting for anything.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    But he did.

He came from r/c racing.
    acket.

Anyway, Hamilton for sure got to where he is by merit.