Page 106 of 139 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

I bet RB are somewhat disappointed in the timing of their engine and gearbox change this weekend as it looked like they could have easily out qualified Ferrari and maybe brought home some valuable P3 and P4 points.

How about Mag with the P5 in Q3...and LeClerc right behind. Man the Sauber has really come alive lately. Renault...what an embarrassing day for them. So they get choice of tire but at least take a lap for effort.
    Last edited by JoeW; September 29th, 2018 at 10:12 AM.

So this has made me wonder on Leclerc for World Champion next season if Ferrari have a good car again. Lets face it throughout most of the season they've had the superior motor vehicle, yet Seb and poor strategy have cost them wins throughout the season. Had they got strategy right and had Lewis in the car they'd be leading right now. It's possible Vettel will be out at the end of his contract.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    they've had the superior motor vehicle
    Nah, that's just the Sky narrative.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Nah, that's just the Sky narrative.
    Performances of B teams pretty much prove this narrative as well?

Quote of the race when Hulkenburg said something along the line of...is RB leading the race? How did that happen? That was hilarious. Middle of the race and he’s wondering if the world turned upside down somehow. Cats and dogs living together...mass hysteria!

Pretty good race. For fucks sake stop shitting on Bottas.

These stupid grid penalties for gearbox and engine changes are idiotic. It’s a disservice to the fans and no fault of the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    These stupid grid penalties for gearbox and engine changes are idiotic. It’s a disservice to the fans and no fault of the driver.
    Totally.

Perhaps they should just deduct manufacturer championship points for excessive changes..

When Vettel came out of the pit ahead of Hamilton I was pretty excited for a good scrap but the Merc just went right by after a very short battle. I was bummed that it couldn’t last longer.

Based on your assessment, if you were given both the Mercedes and the Ferrari, of course assume you have the super license to drive those 2 f1 cars, which vehicle would lap faster in your hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Based on your assessment, if you were given both the Mercedes and the Ferrari, of course assume you have the super license to drive those 2 f1 cars, which vehicle would lap faster in your hands?
    While it may have reversed recently, for most of this season, and most commentators and pundits I've read/heard seem to agree, the Ferrari has been the faster car. If Vettel hadn't crashed in Hockenheim the championship would be a very different animal and I doubt anyone would have been torn about Bottas and Hamilton swapping places.
    Last edited by Alan P; September 30th, 2018 at 06:30 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    the Merc just went right by
    That has been the case in the last races. As it has been in the last 5 years.
    acket.