Page 112 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

You should just join fantasy f1 here next season and put your fantasy money where your mouth is....

I think Max has a slim chance of finishing 3rd..., but I’m mostly excited for the ‘best of rest’ having such close championship battles...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Aren't all circuits left slippery, powery, peanutbuttery?
    Maybe Brazil, but I expect Mexico and maybe Cota to favor the Haas and the RPFI so they might be able to snatch a position off the Red Bulls.

Does anyone have a video file of the Japanese GP, Could you check if Verstappen jumped the start? The F1 replay starts too late to make a conclusion, but it seemed to me that car #33 was moving before the other cars were. He had a mediocre start, the people behind him did as well, and that kind of attenuates the possible infraction.
    acket.

Strangely enough in italian forums no one bitched about Verstappen jumping the start... since he is almost totally hated with fierceness by italian Ferrari fans I guess he did not, or they would have bitched about it till kingdom come (they do about anything he does, basically, and call him "Versbatten" which is a mix of his surname and the verb "sbattere" that means to hit something or somewhere).

Like Crash Musthappen?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    call him "Versbatten" which is a mix of his surname and the verb "sbattere" that means to hit something or somewhere).
    I am totally using this.

Use it at will!

Ok, so let's sit down... we got news.
    Formula E HWA team offered a seat to Wehrlein for next season but he refused because he still hoped in a F1 call. Seems he is going to stay put in DTM, though.
    HWA is officializing Gary Paffett and rumours say he will race alongside Stoffel Vandoorne, so here it is where the poor belgian will race next season, probably.

Now, on the big news: Mercedes is going to keep Ocon as simulator/reserve/third driver in its own main team but meanwhile has got an agreement to place George Russell on a Williams seat.
    How did this happen? Markelov (which is a funny competent hothead in GP2 and would be nice to see on a F1 car, my opinion) was linked to a Williams seat but his father judiciary problems has halted the move of the russian from the tester role in Renault to a full time grid place with the Grove team.

Ocon is still waiting for some positive news by Force India, since Stroll Sr. entourage has not confirmed Sergio Perez seat in the team... a really tiny hope, but still. He is not exactly happy to not race for 1 or 2 seasons till Bottas deal ends.
    Perez should be officialized by the Mexico GP... if not by then the french driver could have some leverage to retain his seat.

Toro Rosso second driver is still a mystery: Marko did meet with Sirotkin but the russian is probably staying at Williams since Helmut is not convinced.
    The austrian manager also rejected Wehrlein as already said.
    Alexander Albon, ex Toro Rosso driver, is also considered... he is ready and has the available license points since he is racing in F2 with good results (currently second in the standings). He has ties with Nissan but that shouldn't be a problem.
    Otherwise Hartley could stay put but the team doesn't want him, gossip says.

So to recap:
    Ocon -> Mercedes reserve driver / Second seat at Force India if Perez deal falls through.
    Russell -> Second seat at Williams alongside Sirotkin
    Markelov -> No Williams seat, will stay put as tester at Renault

Toro Rosso -> Sirotkin and Werhlein shoot down, Albon alongside Kyvyat, otherwise last chance for Hartley.

Good thing I'm sitting down. My head is spinning!

Thanks for the info!

Ocon looked so promising when he first arrived in F1. Since then, he's definitely still impressive, but maybe not quite the star I originally thought he would be.

Maybe it's a mindset.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I think that's because people underrate Perez.

Ocon isn't "not that good", it's Perez who isn't "not that bad".

He might not be my favorite Mexican driver, but the guy sure delivers.
    acket.

Yeah, maybe he was in a funk for a while, because he was looking rather plain next to Ocon at first. It does seem he's gotten back to form a bit.