Page 114 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Well Hamilton didn’t start dominating until they changed the engine rules right? Wasn’t it all Vettel/RB with the Renault engine? Then the big rule change and it was Mercedes all the way from there?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Well Hamilton didn’t start dominating until they changed the engine rules right? Wasn’t it all Vettel/RB with the Renault engine? Then the big rule change and it was Mercedes all the way from there?
    It was indeed and this what Renault are hoping to do. Renault are investing heavily with building work to expand going on at Enstone and at Viry where they make the engines along with a great deal of recruitment. Honestly if Honda don’t deliver for Red Bull then Daniel could have pulled a master stroke.

As long as Adrian Newey is with RB, I kinda doubt RB will end up like McLaren even if Honda continue to suck. Considering how many years Honda has been in this, they really should improve more by next year...

As for Renault, I know they had a rich history too, but somehow I get the feeling that they've diluted themselves a bit too thin. Shouldn't you focus more on at least building a more reliable power unit 1st? Your engine isn't the most powerful... that's fine, but please make it more reliable. Your chassis is also not up to par with RB. It's like you can do nothing well.

I wonder if Honda is also in the similar boat still. I wonder who fucked who in the McLaren Honda collaboration. Maybe they were equally fucked up... For now, it looks like McLaren is doing better without Honda... and Honda is also doing better without McLaren. Remains to be seen how RB Honda will do.

Like I said, due to Newey, I'm willing to bet more on RB, but who knows, Ricciardo could be repeating what Hamilton did when 2021 comes along.

Should Mercedes lags behind due to rule change, they'll probably pack up their bags and leave. Renault should've just focus on their power unit and then buy it up when Mercedes leaved. Right now it really feels like Renault isn't accomplishing much with their big investments.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Any updates on James Key?, has he been allowed to move to Macca?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    As long as Adrian Newey is with RB, I kinda doubt RB will end up like McLaren even if Honda continue to suck. Considering how many years Honda has been in this, they really should improve more by next year...

As for Renault, I know they had a rich history too, but somehow I get the feeling that they've diluted themselves a bit too thin. Shouldn't you focus more on at least building a more reliable power unit 1st? Your engine isn't the most powerful... that's fine, but please make it more reliable. Your chassis is also not up to par with RB. It's like you can do nothing well.

I wonder if Honda is also in the similar boat still. I wonder who fucked who in the McLaren Honda collaboration. Maybe they were equally fucked up... For now, it looks like McLaren is doing better without Honda... and Honda is also doing better without McLaren. Remains to be seen how RB Honda will do.

Like I said, due to Newey, I'm willing to bet more on RB, but who knows, Ricciardo could be repeating what Hamilton did when 2021 comes along.

Should Mercedes lags behind due to rule change, they'll probably pack up their bags and leave. Renault should've just focus on their power unit and then buy it up when Mercedes leaved. Right now it really feels like Renault isn't accomplishing much with their big investments.
    Their power unit is only a little bit behind the rest in terms of reliability, it's just Red Bull have more mechanical DNF's due to it than the other two teams. It's been suggested this is because they have different packaging compared to McLaren and Renault themselves which results in issues.

Yeah, Newey probably directed more air to generate downforce and less air to cool the engine... result is a faster package that also resulted in more DNFs...

Anyway, it’s obvious both Renault and Honda are the laggers and very inconsistent at the moment. Hope things change next year to make things more interesting...

Yeah, I was going to say: Red Bull is the real culprit here, but they use the excuse of Renault engine lack of power to hide their deficiencies.
    Next year is going to be a laugh... and let's see if way too many people are optimistic on Honda.
    Lest we forget Toyota ludricrously expensive stint in F1 or Renault failed attempt in the turbo era.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    In complete agreement there Ang.
    acket.

Re: Force India - Lance Stroll Sr. and partners have paid 90 million dollars to cover the team debts. Now, normally, there would be a trial and then finally the money would be awarded to the creditors but the finance would be blocked for months or even years before the end of the trial; in a brilliant move Lance Stroll Sr. already paid or is going to pay (middle of October, circa) the creditors almost in full with his own money so to make things go forward, he will be eventually repaid of his expenses as soon as the trial ends.
    Hats off to him, I must say. If only his son was as brilliant driving as he is in trying to resolve economical matters...

Meanwhile Albon, the thai driver currently second in the F2 standings, is gossiped to be Kyvat's teammate next season in Toro Rosso... if Helmut Marko manages to severe his ties with Nissan, with which the young driver signed recently a contract.
    He will replace Hartley whom basically no one in the team wants anymore at the driving wheel.

In Formula E Mahindra Racing did not renew Heidfeld and promising driver Rosenqvist for the 2019, signing up a solid new team couple in Pascal Werhlein and Jerome D'Ambrosio.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    ... Renault failed attempt in the turbo era.
    To fail first, first you must fail.