Page 117 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Lewis Hamilton was on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah last night (October 18, 2018). Strange, they discussed how little-known F1 is in the United States, and actually mentioned NASCAR by name, although not their sponsor-affiliation-of-the-year. Couldn't they have just said "stock car racing"?

Even stranger, I think they only alluded to Ayrton Senna, and did not mention him by name.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I don't think the new McLaren...

... is the same team as the Old McLaren.

acket.

Vettel gets 3 place grid penalty for red flag violation. So lame.

What
    A
    Fucking
    Race!

Amazing!

I think Kimi cracked a smile!
    Last edited by JoeW; October 21st, 2018 at 12:11 PM.

Magnussen and Ocon have been DSQ from the USGP. Consuming in excess of 105 kilos of fuel the cause for both.

Perez becomes 8th, Hartley 9th and Ericsson 10th.
    acket.

One of the best races I’ve seen in awhile. Kimi holds out, Max runs another brilliant race starting in the back and holds off Hamilton and Vettel passes Bottas at the end to push the championship back one more race.

Max could have won this one legitimately without the 18th place start. Going to say his tire management skills are the best in field. He has milked some pretty crazy lap counts from his tires while staying competitive and on the radio saying they still feel good.

Damn Ricciardo...he must have found the cursed idol of kiwi kiwi on his last summer vacation.

And I understand why Vettel needed to get by Ricciardo early but dude, just get him on the straight where Ferrari could blow by him without incident. Vettel is his own worst enemy lately.
    Last edited by JoeW; October 21st, 2018 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    And I understand why Vettel needed to get by Ricciardo early but dude, just get him on the straight where Ferrari could blow by him without incident. Vettel is his own worst enemy lately.
    Seems to me the contact wasn't that bad, it's Vettel's overreaction that put him ass first. He would have normally gotten thrown out of line and lost one or two places, but he did some crazy footwork that sent the car into a needless spin.
    acket.

It looked like he went in too hot. You can see him fighting the steering wheel trying to keep it on line but he went into Ricciardo and like you said, he just overreacted on the throttle and blew it.

So much happened in the race, but as I recall Vettel put himself in that position by outbraking himself after pretty much completing the pass at the end of the back straight.

Intense race. I was pulling for Kimi from the formation lap, so it was especially nerve wracking for me. I think Kimi got happier standing on the podium seeing the Ferrari boys in such high spirits. I loved his smug grin and sunglasses. Only Kimi.

When Kimi stayed out under VSC and Hamilton came out not far behind at all I thought Ferrari had thrown another one away. And with 10 laps to go I thought no way he can hold on to his tires with good pace till the end with either/both Max and Lewis applying pressure.

Grosjean wasn't thinking ahead when he released the brakes, and caused himself (and Leclerc) a whole lot of pain. Sometimes I don't know why he's had the staying power he has had in F1. Does he have big money backing we don't know about?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    So lame.
    Did anyone else read this in Ziltoid's voice?

Are aero cars that easy to spin, Cuda, or are we correct in thinking that Vettel's doing the stuff that's drilled into young drivers' heads not to do?
    acket.