Page 123 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Really?

They lapped Hulkenberg!

It makes me wonder why in the day and age of Safer and Tekpro we can't have nice circuits. There was no need to butcher the esses, it was the one section where drivers made mistakes and tended to lose momentum and focus. I'm sure there's a way to implement an overtaking opportunity at the end of that complex, it is utterly boring as it is. I mean, the RBRs where able to keep pace on the long straight because of their dominance of show corners allowed them to "abuse" the exit of the stadium and hit the gas much earlier than their rivals.

In the original esses, each of the three first parts had a widening exit, which compromised the entry into the sod part, so there was a chance to not optimize speed thru there, opening up the chance for an attack after those corners. But the FIA tilked them up, because safety.
    acket.

What are you talking about, they lapped Bottas! Lapped the best of rest Hulk 2 times!

Are you just unhappy because Perez didn't end up doing well?

So in the blame game of Danny’s car, if it was indeed a clutch failure as Horner alluded to, is that a Renault issue or RBR issue? And if it is a hydraulic failure, is that Renault or RBR?

Red Bull's.

The clutch is from a third party, AP. However the parts that failed were the hydraulic actuators, which are designed and made in-house.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    What are you talking about, they lapped Bottas! Lapped the best of rest Hulk 2 times!

Are you just unhappy because Perez didn't end up doing well?
    Pérez is not a favorite of mine. My nationalistic alligeances lie with Guti, fastest Mexican I saw in my lifetime (too bad he can be elbowed out of competition and needs a car perfectly setup to his liking to deliver), and now with the bubbly Pato O'Ward; who I hope can move fast enough in Indycar to have a shot at F1 unlike, his closest predecessor, Castroneves.

And yeah, I hate this F1 + F1.5 set of rules and the terrible job at reacconditioning historic circuits. It was possible to keep the esses, it was possible. They chose not because Tilke is inept at the design of increasing radius corners and fast speed esses. His only decent corners are the Double Apex at Sepang's 7-8 and Istambul Park's T8, but both required acres and acres of real estate. Imagine the crap he'd show up with if he had to design Montecarlo.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; October 30th, 2018 at 10:49 AM.
    acket.

Renault or Red Bull? Whatever you do, don't you blame it on you, just blame it on the Rain man!

In all honesty, I don't see how one could blame the powerplant for clutch or hydraulic failures.

Carlos had steering issue... so I doubt Renault engines should be blamed. But who knows what's really going on...

The clutch actuators have been a problem for RBR before. They haven't gotten on top of things.
    acket.

You know what, I wouldn't write off Williams for 2019 yet.
    acket.

Ericsson in Indycar next year with Schmidt Petersen.
    Kubica may be Ferrari's next simulator driver, taking the seat vacated by Kyvat. Giovinazzi would still remains Maranello's reserve driver.

Just saw a stat online regarding car retirements.

Ricciardo has retired 8 times this season.
    Hamilton has retired 8 times since replacing Schumacher at Mercedes in 2013.
    Bottas has retired 8 times in his career.

Crazy.