Page 129 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Hate him? He'll be the Terry Malloy of millennials.
    acket.

You accelerate between turn 1 and 2, once Ocon didn’t get the move cleanly done in 1 he shouldn’t have attacked from behind into 2. He didn’t need to go anywhere or disappear, he just need not to put himself there once the initial move failed. If it was for position I would have said max’s fault but it wasn’t, it was unlapping and the onus was on Ocon to do it cleanly and he was just too aggresive.

That said, I also agree with Hamilton, max had a lot more to lose and should have driven smarter.

Junior Potato
    The onus is always on the driver behind to pass cleanly, but we also have a b-pillar rule (which I guess in open wheel terms is the roll hoop) that also places onus on the leading car to give room if a pass hasn't been completed yet.

Ocon was making a clean pass, and they could've continued side-by-side through the second left-hander as well. My view is that Verstappen violated the b-pillar rule in the second part of the s-bend and turned in on Ocon.

If it was a battle for position, it would clearly be Verstappen's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
    You accelerate between turn 1 and 2, once Ocon didn’t get the move cleanly done in 1 he shouldn’t have attacked from behind into 2. He didn’t need to go anywhere or disappear, he just need not to put himself there once the initial move failed. If it was for position I would have said max’s fault but it wasn’t, it was unlapping and the onus was on Ocon to do it cleanly and he was just too aggresive.

That said, I also agree with Hamilton, max had a lot more to lose and should have driven smarter.
    He went into turn 1 super hot and passed Max... and eclipsing turn2 apex as closely as possible, but Max still hit him. I really think Ocon had no where to go... other than cutting into turn2 completely...

Quote Originally Posted by racerfink View Post
    Mercedes was struggling to get Hamilton to the finish. That’s why Max went by him so easily. All that jubilation by the Mercedes boys back at the factory was because they were sweating bullets about the motor going the distance.
    Rumours had it he had a broken exhaust and finished the race with 50HP less than normal.

Is the exhaust considered part of the ICE? Or can it be changed out without penalty?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

serious crash involving driver Sophia Flörsch in the Formula 3 race (video may be disturbing)...apparently 5 people injured but alive.

Last edited by MR2 Fan; November 18th, 2018 at 04:26 AM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Driver just updated twitter

@SophiaFloersch

Just wanted to let everybody know that I am fine but will be going into Surgery tomorow morning. Thanks to the @fia and @hwaag_official @MercedesAMGF1 who are taking great care of me.
    Thanks to everybody for the Supporting messages.
    Update soon.

Amazing after that crash...

Wow.

That doesn’t even look real. It’s like she was running a completely different race. I would love to hear how she was going twice as fast as everyone else. Edit...two wheels fell off the car earlier on the straight after making contact with debris from another crash off camera. That would do it.

Most disturbing thing I’ve seen this season is the Ferrari pit guy getting his leg mangled. That was just ugly.
    Last edited by JoeW; November 18th, 2018 at 06:09 AM.