Page 137 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1385

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Then at Brazil, when Gasly wouldn't let Brendon through, they had no spares. Which was why Brendon was reluctant to battle him.
    I think once Brendon is right out of the Red Bull family, we'll hear the story of what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobbo NZ View Post
    Then at Brazil, when Gasly wouldn't let Brendon through, they had no spares. Which was why Brendon was reluctant to battle him.
    I think once Brendon is right out of the Red Bull family, we'll hear the story of what was going on.
    Much like previous RB drivers there always seems to be one preferred or number one driver who gets all the support, pit choices, new parts etc and the other basically gets minimal support. Sainz, Webber, Hartley and many others have had this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    I think Honda were really pushing the upgrades on Gasly's car at least. I think he had engine penalties for most of the last half of the season.

Looking this up he received a Grid penalty for 'using too many power unit components' in Germany, Russia, United States and Mexico (as well as an early Gearbox change here.)
    I hope Honda learned a lot during the period... Frankly I didn't see anything amazing happening.

Mercedes and Ferraris can often charge back up from the back of the grid, but not so for TR/Honda...

Anyway, I don't think Hartley should blame the team for unfavorable treatment. He was just as unlucky as Ricciardo was this season I think... except Ricciardo's DNFs are clearly more the team's fault... whereas when Hartley crashes, you can't really blame those on the team...

Oh well, at least he's lucky enough to have a full season in F-1. Not very many racers get that opportunity.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Is Lewis trying to do a John Surtees?

Last edited by FaultyMario; December 3rd, 2018 at 06:18 PM.
    acket.

Nice article with great insights, but at the time, I really didn't think Senna was threatened by Mika. Michael finished on the podium once too you know! Just when Michael was getting comfortable and got on the podium, he was replaced by Mika!

It’s amazing FI had the lowest budget last year!

It’s also amazing every team breaks even in the end. Lost no money and made no money. So why are they complaining about cost? And what would be the motivation for making improvements?

Junior Potato
    Eh?

Huh?

Wha?