Page 15 of 139 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Taking tire compound into account and correcting times accordingly, STR are not off to a bad start.

Also, only the big 3 posted respectable times on the mediums, which is supposed to be the benchmark compound. They and Renault. Although the Renault engine has some issues with operating temperatures for their turbos and neither Renault nor Mac ran race simulations. If they can find solutions to that, and there's no reason why a factory team shouldn't, 4th place in the WCC is looking closer for them than for any other team.
    acket.

Anyway, all I know is that Hamilton on medium compound posted faster time than all others with softer compounds.

Bracing for another boring season? Can only hope Bottas will up his game and steal another championship away from Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Anyway, all I know is that Hamilton on medium compound posted faster time than all others with softer compounds.
    That's kind of a pointless comparison. If Hamilton had done so in a race simulation while everyone else did so only carrying marginal fuel and while much better conditions were present for everyone else except him, then you could conclude that Boringest.Season.Ever. is on the horizon but, no, track was very green, conditions were not representative and top three are sandbagging whilst everyone else is only figuring out their cars.

One other thing of note, the Red Bull gearbox does not rattle things to pieces when mated to the Honda ICE. In the Mclaren era many ERS components were lost in such match.
    acket.

Crossing my fingers that Honda want to pummel McLaren and Hartley can show how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Anyone planning on getting the monthly video subscription that F1 is going to offer this year? I rarely watch the full races, live or otherwise, but the choice of cameras and commercial free replays are enticing.
    I'm on the email list for it and I'll likely give it a whirl for a month at least (it's cheap enough) so I'll have something to allay my fears of how ESPN might hold up their end. Also because I want to see if it's as good as the MGP service. And they better have a good archive of the older races to watch on demand... as every time I tried to upload one of mine to the tube I'd get a suspended account for a month thanks to F1M. Needless to say I finally gave up trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobbo NZ View Post
    Crossing my fingers that Honda want to pummel McLaren and Hartley can show how good he is.
    Alonso probably has such luck.

Developed the Ferrari and hand it to Vettel.

Developed the Honda engine and now hand it to RB.

But then again he's always been lucky with Renault... so hopefully his luck will finally change this season?

acket.

I just love that Toro Rosso did the most laps. With a Honda engine!

I noticed that Ferrari has the quadrifoglio/4 leaf clover on their car as well as the Alfa/Sauber team. I always thought this was associated to Alfa. Maybe it has something to do with history and Enzo.