Page 23 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

The Ferrari red color looks a lot better this year btw. Looks like a deeper shade.

Really excited for HAAS’s future this year. Even before anyone major dropped out they were up there running with RB. Even if they end up “best of the rest” it will be huge for such a new and small team. No more nut crossthreads please
    Last edited by JoeW; March 25th, 2018 at 01:25 PM.

Administrator
    I enjoyed the race. Nice having the top four that close together, and I think they would still have been close together even without the VSC shenanigans, just in a different order.

ESPN, however, sucked balls. I don't remember an F1 broadcast that shit since I was a kid and it was an abbreviated version on ABC's Wide, Wide World of Sports.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Where do these people who think that Haas took part in a conspiracy come from?

What were they hauling before the pit stops, 18 points? Isn't that like 8 figures in competitor prize money at the end of the year?
    A conspiracy was jokingly mentioned by Martin Brundle on the British Sky Sports commentary. I’m guessing that was the magic bullet.

God damn it, tried editing twice only for the forum to select delete!
    Short, Hartley, well pleased, slow start, flat spotted tyre, puncture later on which damaged some aero/body work.
    Set 13th fastest lap on lap 57, only 2 tenths slower than Sainz and faster than Stroll.
    Hoping he wipes the floor with Gasley.
    No more trying to edit.
    The end.

Editing on mobile always results in a delete. Has since the forum's creation.
    Get that weak shit off my track

At least you didn't cross threaded your points hauling cars during the race.

Just noticed that in 61 GPs since he came back to McLaren P5 has been Alonso's highest finish and that this is the first time he's reached 10 points within the first five races of a season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    ESPN, however, sucked balls. I don't remember an F1 broadcast that shit since I was a kid and it was an abbreviated version on ABC's Wide, Wide World of Sports.
    What was it like? Guessing it wasn't Sky's broadcast.
    Who are the commentators? What kind of zany things did they say?

Sky's broadcast but with commercials cutting off the commentators and no replay for what you missed.

Thanks, I forgot about the commercial-free to commercial broadcast issue.
    Honestly, it sounds like one of the more optimistic outcomes of an ESPN broadcast, I was expecting to hear something much worse. For races only you can switch to over to UniMás for the commercial periods (I guess it wouldn't be much of an issue for qualifying).

NBCSN having their own replay crew is the really big missing piece here. I expected this to be covered in the same kind of way a Blancpain GT race is broadcast here, and I was right, except the F1 is in real time so they can't even edit it to be coherent.

I read today that ESPN paid $0 for the rights, so they don't have any stake in how good it is. Shame.