Page 39 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I've long held that he is the best at feeling a car, if a bit conformable at putting in the hardwork. For that you'd have Rosberg, who became WC almost purely on busting his ass.

He's a very complete driver, you can see bits of Hakkinen in his one lap pace and a lot of Senna in his BS PR stunts.

Edit: I said "most gifted driver ever" meaning he came to F1 with the most raw talent.
    Jim Clark

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Jim's untouchable.
    acket.

I was falling asleep before the leaders pitted, so decided to get up and brush my teeth and watch the rest in the morning. Then all hell broke loose.

Max needs to just chill. So much talent, and so little brains. First fail on Hamilton was dumb. Move on Vettel, I kinda get. He saw Vettel make a bit of a mistake and saw a possible opening, but he just wasn't close enough for that.

Kinda crazy how close all the cars were at the end of the race, even with the safety car.

Ricciardo is just awesome on the brakes. He passed Lewis from about Bangkok.

Valterri might be too nice on track.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; April 15th, 2018 at 12:38 AM.

What a race.

Spoiler:
    Oh, a McLaren in front of a Ferrari, now that's quite a view these days... and I see everyone at McLaren is crying over those lost Honda engines, uh?

Wow what a fantastic race. Gasly goes from hero to dumbass...but thanks to the SC the race was reset and became much more exciting.

Max...sooo good but his age is really showing. Once it clicks in him about not trying to win in every corner every lap, the sooner the better, he could be the best. Right now, so good, but so impatient. But at least post race he took responsibility and apologized to Vet. Progress...baby steps

What perfect (lucky) timing by Red Bull to get those tires changed. So happy for Ric. I almost shit when he squeezed by Bot...damn that was close.
    Last edited by JoeW; April 15th, 2018 at 08:38 AM.

Gasly and Hartley was a mix up: it seems they had a talk before the start since they were in different strategies; also Gasly got the ok from the team to pass Hartley at the straight, but the kiwi said he just didn't see him.

The funny thing is Gasly was going nuts on the radio "He closed the door on me!" and the announcers snarkily said "the door must first be open before you can close it". Funny stuff.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I fell asleep around lap 10. Will watch it soon
    acket.

I will say, I think this is the first time after a race where Max looked like he was actually questioning himself. Hopefully this is a bit of an eye-opener for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    I will say, I think this is the first time after a race where Max looked like he was actually questioning himself. Hopefully this is a bit of an eye-opener for him.
    I think it may be down to Vettel going calmly to talk to him, instead of eating his head on a stick.
    Maybe that made him think. We shall see.