Page 46 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

I remember Indycars were racing there, right? It's an okay track, but not as good as our Long Beach streets!

I'd really love if F-1 could come back to Los Angeles... because there's no way I'm traveling with the family anywhere to see an F1 race since they are not racing fans..., but even if they do come, there's no guarantee that I can afford them tickets!!! Having a family sucks in this respect...

I also wish to see F1 racing on Laguna Seca someday..., but that'll probably never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I also wish to see F1 racing on Laguna Seca someday..., but that'll probably never happen.
    Not a F1 approved track, corkscrew and run off areas problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    downtown shitty St Pete
    I've been to far worse downtowns than St Pete. I liked it actually.

I guess it's different when you live in the area

Pittsburgh would be great for a street course. The air that the cars would get when launching off the cobblestone and into pot holes would have high entertainment value.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Why not Homestead? The road course looks like it was designed by Tilke.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; May 3rd, 2018 at 10:48 AM.
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    To get the general feel of Miami it would have to go along the beach somewhere. I’m in Tampa so we get the shitty St Pete Gran Prix on the shittiest roads in downtown shitty St Pete. So I can imagine it’s about the same shitty roads in Miami.
    Ugh, I hate going to St. Pete...roads are very narrow also

Junior Potato
    Surfers Paradise was a rip-snorter of a track. Now it is permanently changed with tram lines running along the southern end. The V8s only use the northern half of it now. And I should remind you all that Albert Park is another street circuit, except this one is set in a park, so it’s more flowing than an inner city track, with plenty of interesting corners.

The obvious daddy of street circuits is Long Beach. Plenty of that layout is nice and wide and the big right hander at turn 6 (or 7?) is a fantastic slidey off-camber joint with heaps of challenge. But who can forget Cleveland Airport? I don’t recall there being a single boring moment when CART used to race there in that golden era. All temporary tracks should be built on 20-car-wide runways.

Yes! They need more airport tracks! GP of top gear test track!!!

Too bad it's getting bulldozed instead...

Aerodynamicist Christopher Beves uses CFD simulations to explore the Untold Story of the History of F1 Aerodynamics using Simcenter STAR-CCM+ #F1 #Aerodynamics #CFD https://community.plm.automation.sie...cs/ba-p/488689