Page 52 of 139 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

I think the only purpose of Monaco GP is to help us identify the next ayrton senna...

Current generation of active drivers, nobody has won more than twice.

Max had certainly been impressive in rain, but he'll have to win this stupid thing 6 times in order to shut people up about him.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    That said, I do not buy one bit of RBR explanation for RIC's lack of straight line speed.

My guess is they were bitten on the ass by the FIA's clamp down on illegal charging of the batteries, which RBR had asked be directed against Ferrari.
    What was RBR's explanation?

There clearly seemed to be something wrong, since his regen light was on as soon as he exited corners. I doubt that if they're cheating the system, it's to the tune of that much power.

The MGU-K failed, simple explanation, no conspiracy needed.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    What was RBR's explanation?

There clearly seemed to be something wrong, since his regen light was on as soon as he exited corners. I doubt that if they're cheating the system, it's to the tune of that much power.
    Gearbox problem, Horner said it wouldn't shift past 6th. Observers commented that, that the lack of speed correlated to a loss of the MGU-K as IMOA says.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Gearbox problem, Horner said it wouldn't shift past 6th. Observers commented that, that the lack of speed correlated to a loss of the MGU-K as IMOA says.
    You're trying to invent a conspiracy here. When Riccardo hopped out of the car one of the things that was said was that he managed to win with only six gears. This was an off the cuff comment referring to the fact the car didn't have the power to get out of 6th, it was never given as an answer to the question 'what happened'.

That answer to that question was given a number of times, 'the MGU-K failed'. Horner gave that answer to channel 4 late in the race and confirmed it to Sky after the race and to the press in the interviews later. They also gave explanations of the sorts of things they needed to do to manage the issue - stuff like changing brake balance forward etc.

You're taking a comment completely out of context and then making things up. The answer the team gave is 'The MGU-K failed'.

You do want to find a conspiration when there is not any.
    Also only Alonso did retire... a record for Monaco, especially if you have watched old editions of the race.

Yes, considering how many cats were still running, I'd say Max did a fantastic job getting from last to 10th!

Another race the hot headed boy tossed away!

Anyway, at his age, presume that he won't get fired or die trying, I can see him winning this race more than 6 times in his career.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    You do want to find a conspiration when there is not any.
    Also only Alonso did retire... a record for Monaco, especially if you have watched old editions of the race.
    Hartley might disagree.
    acket.

Speaking of which, I was amazed at the strength of that Torro Rosso's rear suspension.

Oh man I am on the edge of my seat thinking of where Daniel will go next year. I think the next 3-4 races will make his mind up. If the car is .5-.8 secs back at regular tracks he is going to have no choice but to go to one of big boys. I would rather Renault give them a more powerful and reliable unit on par with the others. That is best case scenario for the overall fun factor. But if they can’t manage it then Dan needs to move forward to solidify his place in history before it’s too late.

No one will remember that happy fun prodigy 20 years from now unless he gets more power.
    Last edited by JoeW; May 28th, 2018 at 08:49 AM.