Page 56 of 139 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Why? The Canandian trust fund baby has admitted guilt.
    acket.

Booooring.

But it sets the stage for close championship battle with only 1 point between the top two guys.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    The New Zealand boy.
    Quite a boring race indeed.
    He could have rolled off the throttle a little bit.

That was an interesting crash with Hartley's nose mounting Stroll's front right tire, like some sort of ... hungry, hungry hippo

What's with the coverage in the US? The Spanish over-the-air channel aired the race (after the last three races being MIA) via UniVision (as opposed to UniMas)
    Instead of ABC airing the race, my local affiliate showed hours 5 and 6 of the Puerto Rican Day Parade because ... four of coverage was insufficient?

What is the safety car restart procedure? Saw the safety car coming in before the final chicane and Vettel just bunched up the field while a bunch of green lights flashed and one yellow flag waved.

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    That was an interesting crash with Hartley's nose mounting Stroll's front right tire, like some sort of ... hungry, hungry hippo

What's with the coverage in the US? The Spanish over-the-air channel aired the race (after the last three races being MIA) via UniVision (as opposed to UniMas)
    Instead of ABC airing the race, my local affiliate showed hours 5 and 6 of the Puerto Rican Day Parade because ... four of coverage was insufficient?

What is the safety car restart procedure? Saw the safety car coming in before the final chicane and Vettel just bunched up the field while a bunch of green lights flashed and one yellow flag waved.
    When the Safety Car is coming into the pits it then becomes up to the lead driver to control the pace of the field and overtaking before the safety car line, in Canada just before the chicane, is banned. The lead driver isn't allowed to pass the safety car either so slows the field down so when they do decide to start racing again there's enough gap so as not to pass the safety car. Then the leader decided when to gun it and hopefully catches the others on the hop and gets a gap. But they're not allowed to start stop or fake gunning it. They must maintain a relatively constant speed, then go.

I got full uninterrupted commercial free coverage on ABC today.

Did Max race today? He didn't win but he didn't crash anyone out either. WEIRD

I know right?! And he beat a few other higher profile drivers...in arguably better cars. Who would have thought?

There was a tense moment with Bottas there at the beginning when I thought it might be possible to pull a Max. But instead he just raced around and did the exact opposite. Maybe it was Bizarro Max?

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Hartley woulda just had enough room to make that pass, but the other dude clearly lost control and hit him. Hardly his fault. Even his team share the same view.

Bottas almost limped to the finish without fuel.
    Hamilton's car was suffering from overheating.

It's not Hartley's fault, *this* time around, but the guy so far has had a pretty imbarassing season.
    And for an Endurance driver (the only thing of note he has won in his career, even Sirotkin has a better trophy room) he is disappointingly inconsistant.

The most boring Canadian GP that I can remember, but Perez's catch was pretty damn cool and the top two are only separated by a single point.