Page 75 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I bet with hiphop culture and all that, it would be dog place to do it.

Of course finding one wide avenue that isn't a torture on the backs of F1 drivers would be a long shot.
    acket.

Oh and Sergio Marchionne has passed.

Engineers will miss him, accountants not so much. right?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    LOL Blerpa, Woosh over your head!
    I was sarcastic as well.

San Fran GP with bonus points for amount of air time gained and longest jump.

Who do you think has bought Force India from under VJ's nose?

a) Stroll's dad
    b) Mazepin's dad
    c) Carlos Slim

Officially the team is under administration, by action of Perez's manager Julien Jakobi because Perez is owed 4M in back wages, the legal action was supported by Daimler who are owed a further 10M and BWT who alledge that the sponsorship of the car was payment for debt incurred by the previous owners.

My gut feeling is that it all falls within Perez's orbit with advice from Mercedes who would follow Ferrari and Red Bull and then have a B-team in the silverstone outfit.
    acket.

Force Mexico?

Dieter Rencken says that throughout the whole legal process, the FIA FOM have been kept informed.

I really hope Carso become a Haas-like (sponsor-owner) and the Silverstone team becomes a Mercedes B-team.
    acket.

Force Mexcedes would be nice...

Anyway, did it look like Bottas was trying to deliberately hit Vettel or was it just me? Bottas just wasn't turning at all when they made contact... or was it Vettel who closed the door too forcibly... wish I can find an onboard with Bottas...

[edit] just read an article saying Vettel doesn't blame Bottas... so I guess Vettel probably was the one who closed the door too early...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 29th, 2018 at 03:32 PM.

Bottas had no rubber left. Plus he took a really weird line to protect from Vettel's attack on T1 which left him compromised and on the dirty side for T3. I think Vettel did not anticipate that it would take that long for Bottas to make the corner and chopped across to have a better line and a faster getaway; Also, I don't think the Ferraris aero-mirrors have good visibility.

It was a combination of factors. Equally both to blame, there was no need for Vettel's chop and the pass was really over the moment Bottas went sideways out of T1, he should have focused on Raikkonen from that point on.

What really bugs me, and big time, is that Sainz did not let the leader thru until he was shown the 9th blue flag. The rule states that it is 3 blue flags or there's penalty. I don't care if it was a red or a blue or a silver car, I find it in poor sportsmanship for drivers being lapped to get in the leaders' battles. Sainz went unpunished and that sets a bad precedent, IMO.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Methinks Vettel’s opinion of Bottas would’ve been a wee bit different if he got put out of the race.