Page 92 of 139 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    You definitely have some underlying personal issues to harbor this much hate against a 20yr old you have never met. I probably hate Trump less than you hate Verstappen. That’s pretty sad. And I’ve never hated a driver I’ve never met outside of PCars and GT.

It's sport, and entertainment, your idea of liking all 20 drivers equally is adorable in a preschool kind of way.

I don't know Max, all I can use to make a judgement about him is how he carries himself publicly. The image he projects is a culmination of the choices he makes. He's very poor at coming across as a human being and has demonstrated repeatedly he is an unapolegetic narcissist that cares only for what the team can do for him. This isn't unique to F1 or racing, see Le'Veon Bell in football or just about any NBA player, and as a fan I have the choice to reject it. I absolutely don't have to respect him or even hold my criticism because I don't know him personally, what an absurd argument.

Today's race was a really interesting contrast; Mercedes teaming up to neutralize their only true threat compared to MV giving points away because he got his feelings hurt. I don't have to root for his failure, he's doing well enough on his own. I will take you up on that 15 year projection for sure. Again; see: Alonso.

For the record, F1 drivers I hate:
    J.Button

You and I have very different views of failure. 5th place in the standings. Several podiums and a win this year. Basically doing as well as possible in his current equipment. Now if he were in 9th place in a car capable of 5th then it’s a failure. If he were in 4th (and he’s damn close) then holy shit he’s a fucking hero outperforming people in better equipment.

You are somewhat troll like in your responses. I never said we should like them all equally. I just said you really harbor some hate against some/one. So your little elementary school quip is cute but demeaning to yourself.

I’m going to go as far as saying that if he has half as many equipment failures next year that he finishes ahead of a Mercedes or Ferrari driver in the championship in a slower car. Unless the Honda is complete and utter shit in which case no one could get it on the podium.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    That was probably before he saw the replay. Eventually he will watch it and say yeah maybe I didn't leave him enough room.
    The team's media rep is there to coach him what to say, even if he's hot out of the car she isn't, and she's prepared a number of responses and is there to coach him. That's her job

So let's say he made the same move but there was another 5ft to the edge of the track. Is that move legal since he left him enough room?
    That's the rule, precisely. On the straight preceding the turn, the driver may change direction once to defend. He may move back towards the racing line. Once on the corner, the defending driver must give the attacking driver one full car width between him and the white line.
    acket.

Man that’s a strange rule since technically you could unexpectedly move over on anyone braking into a corner and crash them out and it’s all good as long as there is a car width to the edge of the track. Of course you risk damage to your own car as well.

I guess steer clear of these dangers when attempting to pass.

Yeah, given Monza, he may have been able to keep +5 to Vettel if he let Bottas by and sat in his draft.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Max is wearing off his welcome. He is in his fourth year already and it doesn't look like he is going to win the wdc next year.

He has 74 starts, so he is not a rookie.

People with only one world championship (Phil Hill, James Hunt) won it with 4 years experience on average. The drivers who took longer to win their first championship were either smarter (Prost, Hakkinen) or grittier (Mansell, Andretti). I don't think he is wdc material.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Here’s a shot about two frames before they made contact. Prior to this Verstappen was moving left across the track.

There is not at least one car width, plus Verstappen had the corner and could’ve easily left another meter and still come out ahead.

I really cannot understand why Max is not wdc material...

Also don’t understand why J Button should be hated...

No point arguing, let’s just wait and see.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Did whoever it was that ran into Hartley at the start get penalised? Not like Brendon had anywhere else to go, and the other dude was over/on/near the pit exit lines.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I really cannot understand why Max is not WEC material...
    Fixed that for you.