Page 98 of 139 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Formula 1 Encyclopedia: 2018 Edition.

Raikkonen is going to be a brand ambassador for Alfa Romeo. Probably Ericsson is going to be dropped in favour of Giovinazzi so to have a young italian hope in there and a champion like Kimi.
    Fiat is shelling money on this project. Not bad.

Oh, btw, Mick Schumacher, son of Michael, is only 3 points behind overrated Ticktum in Euro F3 standings right now, having won 6 of the last 10 races.
    By the end of the season, if he gets at least third in the final standings he will have the missing 20 points necessary to get the minimum required to have a Superlicense and race in F1.
    Instead of Ticktum which is mathematically out of being able to rack up enough points. Toro Rosso seat could be available for the german, but he has stated he would like to spend an year in F2 (or in the new F3, so far known with the name of GP3), at least.
    Last edited by Blerpa; September 11th, 2018 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    So in light of Vettel's supposed lacklustre development work, Ferrari are fucked?
    Good.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Raikkonen is going to be a brand ambassador for Alfa Romeo. Probably Ericsson is going to be dropped in favour of Giovinazzi so to have a young italian hope in there and a champion like Kimi.
    I think Gio would be better as third driver in Ferrari, Vettel really likes him and the team would depend on him. Whereas a drive in Sauber would put him on track to do a Heidfeld.
    acket.

Wrong thread Xhawkeye

Paddock gossip is Vettel is not amused at all at Ferrari's choice.
    May I remind you Raikkonen has finished 11 races this year and got 9 times on the podium, so far? Good job trying to top that, Charles.

Paddock gossip is Vettel is not amused at all at Ferrari's choice.
    May I remind you Raikkonen has finished 11 races this year and got 9 times on the podium, so far? Good job trying to top that, Charles.
    Vettel is unhappy because Charles is Ferrari's golden child and likely be their driver for the next 5 years minimum. Which may mean they'll refuse to put their weight behind Vettel if Charles finishes better than him in the first few races. And Vettel makes mistakes when under pressure. In all honesty I can't see Ferrari keeping Vettel after his contract is up and will likely make a play for Hamilton first and then Verstappen if that doesn't work.

I don't see Verstappen in Ferrari unless he racks up the victories and has at least one WDC before SV's contract expires. And that's a tall order, even for him.
    acket.

I quite like that they respected Marchionne's wish to have Charles in the mother ship. It's alson nice that Kimi was took the option to stay racing. He's going to put some fine drives now that he won't do as much of the stuff he doesn't like doing, i.e. media work; also now that he knows that his main source of income is safe for the two years, we should see the better side of him. Although I expect him to be called back to Maranello for feedback at least once in the offseason.
    acket.

The idea that a cure to the 'Vettel is too volatile' problem is to bring in MV is funny.