Thread: College Football Playoffs 2017 season

College Football Playoffs 2017 season

I'll say right off, I'm pretty unbiased. Pitt has always been my favorite team by a mile, since the 70s, but they have been rendered irreverent. Ohio State had emerged as my second favorite team, a very distant second, but I do like the after living in Ohio for so long.

I told all the Buckeye fans I was watching the game with last night that Alabama would get in ahead of them no matter what happened, and that would be the right choice I thought.

I think they got it right, USC-Ohio St in the cotton bowl is not bad after having endured a 31 point beat down by freaking Iowa.

I think UCF should be in. No one agrees with me.

I also think it should be an 8 team playoff.

Big 12, Big 10, ACC, SEC, PAC-12 champions, +3 at large. Undefeated teams, no matter the conference or schedule get an automatic in. It's unlikely there will be 3+ of them anyway. If there are, then they can go by strength of schedule/common opponents type metric.

Let's say Alabama goes into the SEC championship undefeated, but loses to a 3-loss SEC east champ somehow. And let's say UCF, Boise State and Notre Dame* are undefeated. Yes that would mean maybe the 'best' team could miss out. But that happens in literally every sport, so who cares.

I also think Notre Dame should be forced to join a conference already.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; December 3rd, 2017 at 07:17 PM.

With only four teams, they should all be conference championship winners, IMO.

Meanwhile, in the rest of college football, second playoff rounds are already over...
    Whoomah!

Yeah, it's cool for them to play extra games, but not the big boys. 8 teams seems reasonable. If they go to 8 teams, they should find a way to get a team like UCF in there.

Pitt seems to have a knack for beating teams ranked #2, maybe you can set up some sort of schedule for them haha. I wanted to see UCF get #4, and i'm not saying that because clemson would play them, but sooner or later they need to put in an undefeated non power 5 school just to see what they can do, I think most years #4 is going to be a big what if anyways, might as well give them a shot. We already had the non-conference champion experiment last year with O31-0 State, so I hope we pummel Alabama this year just for how much lobbying Saban was doing to get them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    I also think Notre Dame should be forced to join a conference already.
    But "heritage", "tradition", "laurels"...blah...blah...blah...but they won't and they never will because the NCAA lacks those type of balls.

Fuck UGA.

And BAMA!