Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Merry Cheesemas

I used to dread the whole family performance at Christmas then I learnt that the secret of a good Christmas was to avoid it. This year I’m doing Christmas in Bali with the girlfriend. So Christmas consisted of cocktails watching sun set into the ocean (and laughing at the instagram crowd), some pretty amazing food, midnight swim and cocktails and some great sex. It sure beats the old family Christmas lunches.

I'm enjoying a relaxing post-Christmas...

Hope some of you guys can have a happier new year!

I’m supposed to go into work tomorrow to finish up some shit. Might take it off. Fuck it.

Having our first Xmas away from our extended family was ... different. I guess I miss it. But, I never really enjoyed it too much. Maybe I miss seeing my kids have fun. But, outside of that it wasn't a big deal. I'm sure the others in the family felt different.

Our parents both moved away years ago though, so it was usually only aunts/uncles and cousins. If we wanted to visit either one of them, it would just be to see them. And honestly, I'd rather they came here. My in-laws live in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas (A 60 mile gated retirement golf community. Biggest HOA in the US) And my mom lives in Fort Collins, CO(in the mountains. 45 min west of Ft Collins).

Neither one of them is near a real city. They're both around 45 minutes from anywhere, and 2+ hrs from the airport. My mom is so far in the mountains, that if it snows, there's no way we'd get to her. And Shannon's parents have literally nothing to do other than golf near them.

May everyone's holidays be filled with the best of Shropshire Blue. Or failing that, more traditional Stilton.