Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easiest way for elderly parents to view family pictures online?

Slightly off topic, but your post reminded me of something. You might get a kick out of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo0KjdDJr1c

That is great.

I'm a little younger than that guy (I hope!) but sometimes have similar "what?!" moments with millennials at work. To be fair, though, I learn a lot from the 27-year-old that I spend most of my working time with.

I guess it was the same when I started working. There were still WWII vets in the workforce then, but I don't remember such a huge "technology gap" as we have today.

Related: I have wanted to get various family members internet-connected photo frames for years so that they could always have the latest photos of far flung relatives. Now Google and Amazon sort of have versions of that, and they include voice control so you can ask for specific pictures. I'd want to play with one before getting for anyone, though, since I'd have to be the remote IT guy for them.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Internet-connected photo frames?

Wow, that's an interesting idea. I have seen photo frames that you could load pictures into via USB, so I guess internet-connected is the next step.

Imagine the possibilities if you gave one to a friend or co-worker and kept the user name and password to control what appears on it.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    ...after jumping ahead ten years of technology all at once, I'm learning there are things that the iPhone can do (and other people regularly use them for) that I don't even consider as being possible.
    My cluelessness about the iPhone doesn't deserve a thread of its own, so I'll just ponder this here:

Why can my iPhone tell me the temperature anywhere in the world, but can't tell me the temperature in this office where I shiver all day under multiple layers of clothing?

It's equipped not with an ambient air temperature sensor, but with the internet?

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    It's equipped not with an ambient air temperature sensor, but with the internet?
    That’d be why. I’ve pondered the inclusion of temp sensors in phones before, as many dedicated handheld devices can act as reliable weather stations in the field. But I came to the conclusion that not only would an ambient temp sensor in a phone be inaccurate due to heat from internal processors and battery use, it would also be harder and more expensive to implement than simply including a weather app.