Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nostalgia.

Pushing the shift lever forward to change down makes sense when you brake and forces push you forward.
    Imagine trying to do that in reverse while braking hard for a hairpin 🤯

I actually map E-brake to L1 and mirror to L2. But i use the right stick for acceleration/braking. With the Logitech I am doing left-foot braking. And I just realized that increases the tendency of the pedal unit to be moved by my feet. Doing only license tests I have not driven continuously for very long yet.

Administrator
    I kept feeling like when I used the right stick for gas and brake that I'd subconsciously go left or right on it when turning and figured that was, just due to the nature of a circular range, limiting my gas/brake when I'd do that. You ever run into that?

25 years with you beautiful bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by HondaKid86 View Post
    25 years with you beautiful bastards.
    Fuck we're old.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I kept feeling like when I used the right stick for gas and brake that I'd subconsciously go left or right on it when turning and figured that was, just due to the nature of a circular range, limiting my gas/brake when I'd do that. You ever run into that?
    Actually I never try to steer with the right stick. But I really don't play any other video games, so my use of the controller isn't so generalized. (For instance; I use one finger for my R1/R2 shifting, moving it. Do more general gamers usually use both fingers, one on each button?).

Using the right stick prevents left foot braking (using the gas and brake at the same time as a technique). But it also prevents accidentally dragging the brake when you intend to accelerate.

I discovered I was looking at the wrong configuration for my wheel, and the shift knob can actually be reversed if you want. But I'm pretty used to the paddle shifters now. And I'm sort of glad I learned about real life standards instead.

Interestingly, you can map the knob as two general buttons without affecting the paddles (that is the paddles are always for shifting), so I think about mapping the knob to cursor movement, or look back or something. Actually it might make a good reverse. Or handbrake.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndMoparMan View Post
    Fuck we're old.
    Specially when some of us were in our 30s when the original GT dropped

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    So as part of decluttering, I thought I should take them to a nearby used game place and perhaps get money for them or probably trade them for things I can use more. But having been unused for so many years, I decided I should verify that they work correctly, even if I can't master them.
    It should have been obvious really...

I was relatively affluent, bought a pair of brand-new wheels to see if I liked them, but never used them much. So I put them away and mostly forgot about them for years.

The thing is, you can imagine that being a not uncommon story.

So when I did get around to asking about them at the used game place, he told me flat out they no longer handle driving wheels at all, because they don't sell. People who want wheels do like me, and look for and buy a new one. He said the store had to give away their former stock (I'm guessing as an incentive bonus with other products).

I bought a couple of new PS2 compatible memory cards. I had been thinking I might be able to pick up a couple of used ones. But at about twenty years old, original ones which were used a lot might be reaching their end-of-life anyway. So now I can start a gt4-w1 game.

Though in my Playstation career, the only cards I have seen develop errors were third-party ones for the PS1. Less than two years after getting them, I believe.