Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So...California exchange feb-april, what not to miss?

Do you fancy burgers? If so, In&Out is a must. Although lately I'm more of a fan of Habit Burgers. Anyway, these are burgers you can't get anywhere else, but if you don't like fast food, then never mind.

I'm vegetarian, so regular burgers is not really my bag :-/ I might get some fries though, I do like trash food sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by ca6 View Post
    I might get some fries though, I do like trash food sometimes
    You should probably skip In-n-Out then. The fries are mediocre at best.

Oh... well, In&Out fries are kinda polarizing. Some love them and some hate them. They are truly different compared to other fast food joints. Made fresh from potatoes and never frozen!

I'm not a vegetarian, so I can't really give you much recommendations on that, but we surely have lots of vegan, glutton-free, organic healthy foods that are delicious... especially around Santa Monica area!

i'm pretty sure I won't starve I'll try my best to keep my weight in check.

Any breweries in the area to visit?

I loved the taste of In&Out, but my guts always felt lousy after eating it.

Do you like vintage aircraft? The Camarillo airport houses a wing (chapter) of the Commemorative Air Force. My sister volunteers there most weekends working on the planes. You can even schedule a ride in a P-51 if you're willing to pony up for it. https://www.cafsocal.com/

No shortage of things to do in SoCal that's for sure. I bet there are plenty of indoor karting locations around, too, (K1Speed maybe?).

That sounds like something I would definitely check out. Mustang ride was too expensive though, the B-25 got my interest a bit.

I'm pretty sure I'll find a lot do to. Karting is not my thing though, last couple of times I've done it I've gotten car sick, which is embarassing...

Apparently folks at the Camarillo studio have lunch at the airport quite often.
    Last edited by ca6; January 10th, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ca6 View Post
    I'm vegetarian
    Offer to hang out rescinded.

Quote Originally Posted by ca6
    Any breweries in the area to visit?
    There are a few, though I don't know that any of them are as good as what you'll find in San Diego (Stone, Alesmith, Port, Los Abbey). Offhand there's Santa Monica brew works, El Segundo brewing, Smog City down in Torrance (there are quite a few in torrance, now that I think of it), Beechwood Brewing in Long Beach (who have a nice little bbq restaurant with some vegetarian stuff). There's Golden Road, but that's been bought out by AB/InBev. Angel City, Iron City, and Mumford in Downtown LA. There are definitely others, but nothing off the top of my head. Stone has a taproom in Pasadena (which is immediately next to one of the light rail train stations, so that makes for a fun trip from Santa Monica), and there are a couple of good beer bars in Santa Monica (I like West 4th & Jane on 4th street between Broadway and Santa Monica - food's not amazing, but they have a great rotating selection of beers).

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Offer to hang out rescinded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Stone has a taproom in Pasadena (which is immediately next to one of the light rail train stations, so that makes for a fun trip from Santa Monica)
    This defintely sounds like a thing to do, I'm used to being drunk on trams thanks to living Gothenburg