Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So...California exchange feb-april, what not to miss?

Administrator
    For some reason I didn't realize you were there. My dad keeps going over there to pick up Volvos to drive around, then ship back to the US, so they've all got the "Factory Delivery Center" license plate holders on them.

Oh, no. I haven't really been hanging out here a lot. I kind of lost touch when we were jumping servers for a while.

I actually met up with Nigel ages ago when he was over here picking up a car. I'm not sure how the FDC is going these days, I think I used to see more cars with red plates around Gothenburg.

Zion is my favorite too. The Grand Canyon does have that WOW factor... But, it's almost too big. Zion is stunning. I'd love to go camping there next summer.
    If you venture further south, let me know.

Wine country is pleasant and would make for a fun weekend.

Yes, but I wonder how it's doing now after the big burn...

Administrator
    All vegetarian joking aside, happy to drag you around LA and show you the sites when you come out. I may be out of town for a week and a half during the middle of your stay, but otherwise we're available. That trip over to the Stone taproom by rail is always a fun one, and you can work the USC museums into that trip since that's another stop along the rail line. Also, there's a vegan restaurant out here called Gracias Madre. I have not been there, but my wife has. She says the rave reviews are legit, that it's one of the best restaurants in the city, vegan or not.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; January 10th, 2018 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    All vegetarian joking aside, happy to drag you around LA and show you the sites when you come out. I may be out of town for a week and a half during the middle of your stay, but otherwise we're available. That trip over to the Stone taproom by rail is always a fun one, and you can work the USC museums into that trip since that's another stop along the rail line. Also, there's a vegan restaurant out here called Gracias Madre. I have not been there, but my wife has. She says the rave reviews are legit, that it's one of the best restaurants in the city, vegan or not.
    Stone + Museums sounds like a good plan. But definitely a visit to Gracias Madre, I had a look at the menu and it looks great!